2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Hybrid model:
Your mileage may vary
By hybrid34 on 06/16/13 21:56 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We paid the premium for the hybrid because we keep our cars a long time and if we were going to get mileage close to the EPA estimate we would make up the difference in about 5 years. Now that we have driven it about a year we are getting on average 34 MPG Nowhere near where we expected. Our diving has mostly been city driving and when we do get it on the highway we get above 40 MPG. We took it back a couple of times to the dealer, they said there is noting wrong and when I called Toyota they said that 34 MPG was within what we could expect and does not indicate a problem.

Miss my 2012 Hybrid
By camrygirl2 on 06/10/13 17:38 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Kept the car up until 12,000 miles. I regret getting rid of it. I was averaging around 40-45 mpg. The most I averaged was 63 mpg! This car is very stylish, comfortable & great on gas. Very quiet, nice & smooth; however, it almost sounds like a spaceship. It has plenty of power. I felt confident driving in California while merging on to freeways/highways. It had more power than my 2005 Camry LE. The interior is nice & plenty of room. Some plastic parts seem a bit cheap. The only thing I worried about was how long the hybrid battery would last & how much it would cost to replace it. Also once replaced would it cause other electrical components in the car to malfunction. This was a great car!

So Far, So Good
By lefa on 04/29/13 11:57 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought a Camry Hybrid on Dec/2012. I am writing this on April/2013, after 5,500 miles. During the winter we obtained 38-39 mpg (for a whole tank, combined Hw and city). Now in the Spring we are easily getting 40-42 mpg (again, for a whole tank, combined Hw and city). We drive a lot and get a lot of traffic jams in city drive. But we are very happy and satisfied with the millage. Also, the range ("autonomy") for each tank. It avoids being at the gas station all the time.

Gas mileage less than advertised mpg
By millese on 03/24/13 14:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased a 2012 Toyota Hybrid Camry a few weeks ago and am disappointed with the gas mileage. I drive around town mostly, no fast starts, coast whenever possible - getting about 36 mpg on the last 2 fillups. I took it to the Toyota mechanic and couldn't find anything wrong. He said there is no break-in period needed to get the expected average 41 mpg. Frustrated owner! I'll be back to the Toyota dealer pounding the door very soon. Unsure of next steps if no resolution -

Poor front bumper and light structure
By sunny12 on 02/01/13 06:54 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Poor front bumper and light structure. Just made scratch the garage door, the bumper and absorber falled down, both left and right lights have to be replaced.

Stay Away from Toyota Hybrid False MPG estimate
By suemcsuey on 10/03/12 07:20 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had high hopes for the 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid. The claim to get 43mpg city and 39mpg hwy for a combined estimate of 41mpg. NOT! I have had for 10,000 miles 7 months and I average 31.4 mpg. I bought this car because of all the city driving I do. I drive the kids 20 miles each way to and from school. I do a lot of driving for my job. This has been the worst experience ever. I have contacted Toyota Customer Experience Center because this is where the dealer directed me after my numerous complaints. I went yesterday to dealer for yet another test and wasted 7 hours. They say it checks out fine with no problems. I think getting 10 miles less per gallon is a pretty huge problem that is being overlooked. That is the problem. Stay away from Toyota and their false (Estimate) Buy a Honda I've owned 4 and never had any problems with the cars or customer service. I only chose Toyota because of their history with the Hybrid.Unhappy Toyota Camry Hybrid Owner

Best Hybrid I have ever owned or driven!
By djmontierth on 06/13/12 13:34 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been driving Hybrids since 2004. I owned a Prius, and Insight. I have driven the Fusion and was seriously considering the new Fusion to come ... someday... I have driven the Volt and the techno wizardry is way cool but the numbers and economy for my long commute don't make sense. I drove the Priuc C and it is cool and efficient to be sure.. Easily averaged 57mpg but it seemed small like my Honda Insight. I drove the 3rd Gen Prius and thought it a major improvement over my 2nd Gen in ride and economy. Then I drove the Camery and practiced my hyper-milage skills I learned just to see what I could do around town. I got 63 in town and 53 on the hwy. Driving normal I got 47 mpg

tiptoe steering & then bliss
By pleased_as_p on 01/27/12 19:41 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have had it two days....mileage started at 10 mpg at 10 miles and is now up to 33 mpg at 150 miles. Steering better than 1998 Camry or 2005 Tundra. Acceleration about the same as 1998 Camry (V6). If you have the transmitter in your hand the door unlocks. EV plus ECO mode for economy. 600+ miles per tank of gas. Brilliant sharp headlights. Excellent interior temperature control. Put seats up high to get more elbow room and better visibility. Comfy driving position/adjustable steering wheel. Pass through from trunk for fishing poles/lumber. Mirrors well situated. Some wind noise at 70 mph. Almost no motor noise until accelerator is floored. Less wind down sound than 2011.

Best Hybrid avalible!!!
By breddick on 01/26/12 13:54 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This Camry Hybrid Le is an excellent vehicle. Average MPG the first week in FL was 45.2 mixed city and freeway mileage. As usual TOYOTA delivers what it promises unlike the others who promise MPG but alwats come up short. (KIA/Hyundai/Honda) Smooth quiet ride and excellent Michelin tires and superior build quality make this the best value available in the US currently. Thank You TOYOTA for this quality vehicle. Perfect!!!

Great car. Amazing ride quality and comfort.
By vijayk on 01/08/12 16:45 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car 2 months ago as so far, I love it. Road noise is almost zero and the ride quality is great.The first thing anyone notices about this car is how quiet it is. The front grill has been redesigned for this model and it does look like an acura from some angles. Build I have been getting an average of 38 mpg on highways and local roads combined and it is pretty good considering that the temperature here in kansas city has been hovering in the high 30's since I bought the car. I expect it to get a little more mileage once the weather gets warmer. Accelerating is not mind-blowing but if one turns off eco-mode the car does start jumping.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan in VA is:

$119 per month*