Used 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Camry Hybrid model:

Your mileage may vary
By hybrid34

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We paid the premium for the hybrid because we keep our cars a long time and if we were going to get mileage close to the EPA estimate we would make up the difference in about 5 years. Now that we have driven it about a year we are getting on average 34 MPG Nowhere near where we expected. Our diving has mostly been city driving and when we do get it on the highway we get above 40 MPG. We took it back a couple of times to the dealer, they said there is noting wrong and when I called Toyota they said that 34 MPG was within what we could expect and does not indicate a problem.

Favorite Features

Smart key is great, just get close and it unlocks the door our if you stand next to the trunk you can unlock it. I like the interior layout and look.

Miss my 2012 Hybrid
By camrygirl2

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Kept the car up until 12,000 miles. I regret getting rid of it. I was averaging around 40-45 mpg. The most I averaged was 63 mpg! This car is very stylish, comfortable & great on gas. Very quiet, nice & smooth; however, it almost sounds like a spaceship. It has plenty of power. I felt confident driving in California while merging on to freeways/highways. It had more power than my 2005 Camry LE. The interior is nice & plenty of room. Some plastic parts seem a bit cheap. The only thing I worried about was how long the hybrid battery would last & how much it would cost to replace it. Also once replaced would it cause other electrical components in the car to malfunction. This was a great car!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage!!! Body style, interior, comfort. Smart key system.

Suggested Improvements

For radio or CD the speakers sound great but once you use the AUX for mp3 player the sound is not so great, sounds low quality. Some of cheap feeling plastic material interior.

So Far, So Good
By lefa

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought a Camry Hybrid on Dec/2012. I am writing this on April/2013, after 5,500 miles. During the winter we obtained 38-39 mpg (for a whole tank, combined Hw and city). Now in the Spring we are easily getting 40-42 mpg (again, for a whole tank, combined Hw and city). We drive a lot and get a lot of traffic jams in city drive. But we are very happy and satisfied with the millage. Also, the range ("autonomy") for each tank. It avoids being at the gas station all the time.

Favorite Features

The millage!! The autonomy!! Silent cabin (could be even better in more expensive models).

Suggested Improvements

However, the car needs improvements. I am specially disappointed with the driver's seat. The Mitsubishi Gallant 2003 that we had had exceptional lumbar support and amazing seats. I miss those seats a lot. The Camry' seats (river) are not as comfortable and offer very little support. But the cabin is spacious and I fit well inside (I am 6'02).

Gas mileage less than advertised mpg
By millese

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased a 2012 Toyota Hybrid Camry a few weeks ago and am disappointed with the gas mileage. I drive around town mostly, no fast starts, coast whenever possible - getting about 36 mpg on the last 2 fillups. I took it to the Toyota mechanic and couldn't find anything wrong. He said there is no break-in period needed to get the expected average 41 mpg. Frustrated owner! I'll be back to the Toyota dealer pounding the door very soon. Unsure of next steps if no resolution -

Poor front bumper and light structure
By sunny12

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Poor front bumper and light structure. Just made scratch the garage door, the bumper and absorber falled down, both left and right lights have to be replaced.