2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry Hybrid model:
Your mileage may vary
By hybrid34 on 06/16/13 21:56 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We paid the premium for the hybrid because we keep our cars a long time and if we were going to get mileage close to the EPA estimate we would make up the difference in about 5 years. Now that we have driven it about a year we are getting on average 34 MPG Nowhere near where we expected. Our diving has mostly been city driving and when we do get it on the highway we get above 40 MPG. We took it back a couple of times to the dealer, they said there is noting wrong and when I called Toyota they said that 34 MPG was within what we could expect and does not indicate a problem.

Miss my 2012 Hybrid
By camrygirl2 on 06/10/13 17:38 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Kept the car up until 12,000 miles. I regret getting rid of it. I was averaging around 40-45 mpg. The most I averaged was 63 mpg! This car is very stylish, comfortable & great on gas. Very quiet, nice & smooth; however, it almost sounds like a spaceship. It has plenty of power. I felt confident driving in California while merging on to freeways/highways. It had more power than my 2005 Camry LE. The interior is nice & plenty of room. Some plastic parts seem a bit cheap. The only thing I worried about was how long the hybrid battery would last & how much it would cost to replace it. Also once replaced would it cause other electrical components in the car to malfunction. This was a great car!

So Far, So Good
By lefa on 04/29/13 11:57 AM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought a Camry Hybrid on Dec/2012. I am writing this on April/2013, after 5,500 miles. During the winter we obtained 38-39 mpg (for a whole tank, combined Hw and city). Now in the Spring we are easily getting 40-42 mpg (again, for a whole tank, combined Hw and city). We drive a lot and get a lot of traffic jams in city drive. But we are very happy and satisfied with the millage. Also, the range ("autonomy") for each tank. It avoids being at the gas station all the time.

Gas mileage less than advertised mpg
By millese on 03/24/13 14:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased a 2012 Toyota Hybrid Camry a few weeks ago and am disappointed with the gas mileage. I drive around town mostly, no fast starts, coast whenever possible - getting about 36 mpg on the last 2 fillups. I took it to the Toyota mechanic and couldn't find anything wrong. He said there is no break-in period needed to get the expected average 41 mpg. Frustrated owner! I'll be back to the Toyota dealer pounding the door very soon. Unsure of next steps if no resolution -

Poor front bumper and light structure
By sunny12 on 02/01/13 06:54 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Poor front bumper and light structure. Just made scratch the garage door, the bumper and absorber falled down, both left and right lights have to be replaced.

Chose XLE Hybrid over Fusion Hybrid
By moviefan on 01/01/13 12:48 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was researching new cars for many months; primarily the new Fusion hybrid. I was at a dealership all ready to order the titanium hybrid and for some reason they couldn't get in the order banks. So I left, ready to return in a few days. Not sure what made me have a change of heart, but I started looking at the Camry hybrids. So I took one for a test drive (I rented one back in June for a vacation and liked it) but I don't remember it being this comfortable. The Fusion was gorgeous, but the cabin was too confining. The Camry just felt all-around much better. So at the end of the day I bought a fully loaded brand new XLE for over $4000 less than sticker with 0.9% and I couldn't be happier!

Boring and Overpriced
By oildrip on 12/28/12 10:52 AM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Where do you start with this strange car. The trunk is taken up with the battery so I'm not sure why they bothered with the tiny opening from one rear seat that is capable of folding down, I guess a broom handle can fit through there. Very little trunk space, a few suitcases and it's full. The cloth seats are cheap and not very supportive, the leather are much better. The interior screams cheap, the navigation has a very poor resolution display. The winning noise as you slow down drives you crazy in city driving. I find the start and stoping of the engine also very anoying and very noticable in this car.

Love my Camry
By striner23 on 12/27/12 19:56 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'v had my Camry since Feb 1012. I have 11,000 miles on it. I traded in my 2010 Prius for this car. I like my Prius but my Camry is so much more car. My wife has back pain and has a hard time riding in any car as she feels every bump. She has really notice the ride in the Camry to be more comfortable then any other car she has rode in. I was getting 42 mpg mixed driving all summer. Now that winter grade gas is out my mpg is 38 mixed driving. I warm the car for 15 min's before driving. This is the same consistency I was getting with my Prius. Winter grade gas has a higher vapor pressure to help your car start in cold climates. This also will cause you to get 2 to 4 mpg less.

First impressions
By stephenupton on 12/06/12 16:27 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Second time around Camry Hybrid owner, did over 60k miles in my 2010 all trouble free but was suffering a boredom attack so wanted to try the 2012 model, pretty much the same except for the little EVO button, press it in and be ready for some fun, even will give the V6 a run for its money and still do 40 MPG

I love this car!
By applegator on 12/05/12 13:37 PM (PST)

2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my second Camry Hybrid, my first was a 2008. The ride is smooth, seats are very comfortable and MPG has been improved since 2008! Since this is our commuting vehicle this is very important to us. The trunk is bigger now as well! I love the back up camera which is new.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid in VA is:

$122 per month*