2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Variability in Quality

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Review

Variability in Quality
By garyn on

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had a dealership bring in a particular color combination for a test drive and probable purchase. Car drove well but form and fit of the dash components I thought was substandard. The leather seating was already wrinkled with only 150 miles on the car. I checked out other Camrys at the dealership and found similar variability. The dealer representative told me that this is the way most were! I went to a second dealership and found an identical car in the lot. This car had perfect fit. Proceeded to buy this one. Very happy with it so far. Bought an extended warranty because I have no experience with Toyota or a hybrid for that matter.

Favorite Features

Nice car overall. Quiet and comfortable to drive. Electric motor is quite peppy.

Suggested Improvements

Fit quality is way too variable between autos. Toyota should get this under control if they want to portray an image of quality. Not acceptable for the price they charge for a new vehicle.