2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Review: My First Experience with a Hyb

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

My First Experience with a Hybrid
By GPF on

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This was my first hybrid purchase, and I must say I'm most pleasantly surprised at how well it actually performs. The Camry Hybrid is as comfortable to drive as any Camry, and the mileage has been phenomenal, even at the low miles so far. I think I'm getting about 40 MPG in mixed driving. The EPA rating does not do justice to how fuel-efficient the Camry Hybrid actually is. Although more costly than a gas-version Camry, the difference will more than pay for itself when gas prices go up (as they will surely do). It's more practical than the Prius, I would think, for the majority of people. And it's definitely more practical than pure electric vehicles, which have the long charge times.

Hybrid Synergy Drive = Excellent Fuel Efficiency. It's very quiet and comfortable. Excellent ergonomics and controls. Looks good inside and out. Only needs regular grade gas. Headlights are bright. Keyless entry and ignition. Good visibility all around. LED lights. MPG gauge instead of tach.

Organized storage space in the spare tire area. It's unfinished and not conducive to storing stuff. If possible, store the hybrid battery somewhere else besides the trunk, to provide more space.