Used 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (13 reviews )

I'm sold (3 times)!
By elsa3

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We reluctantly bought a new 2007 Camry Hybrid after test-driving a Prius, as the frame of the Prius' hatchback blocked the rear view and the seats were not comfortable. I was sure that I'd be disappointed with the Camry since I'd really wanted the Prius, but I was wrong; the Camry is the best car we've ever owned, and we've owned a lot of cars! We were so impressed that we have since bought a 2009 and 2011 Camry Hybrid as well, and still drive all 3. We get between 40 and 42 mpg and put about 15,000 miles a year on these cars. Most impressive is the acceleration available when passing; I feel safer in these cars than in any I've had before.

Value for Money
By h_sam

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have had a fully loaded version of this car for 18 months now. Mileage varies from 37/38 in spring fall, but drops to 34/36 on hot or very cold days. I drive reasonably well, and am not a hypermiler. Comfy and quiet ride. Interior is OK, GPS not as good as a Garmin. iPod interface can be improved (but but he sound system is great). Cupholders suck - have had coffee cup topple over twice on sharp turns.

mileage, backup camera, smooth ride, quiet cabin, sound system, reasonably powered.

cup holders, iPod interface (cannot fast forward a song, hard to search) and cannot control from the ipod. Leather seats are just 'basic' leather. Passenger seat does not have lumbar support. Trunk space sucks.

Almost bought a Sonata
By tobyone

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I almost bought a 2011 Sonata after comparing to Accord and Fusion, but the Limited Sonata gas mileage on the car i ordered only got 28MPG highway on the test drive. the computer said 36 mpg. so decided to test drive Camry- and then the hybrid. so very quiet and the idea of higher gas mileage interested both me and my wife. Dealer made me an offer i could not refuse on a 2011 loaded except for Nav. $28,000 before tax and license. included leather, sunroof, spoiler, tinted windows, backup sensors, upgraded sound system and wheels, fog lights love the car so far - first tank was 37MPG- using the calculator method - just filled up 41.2 mpg wife is doing 1/2 driving and she is not a hyper miler

the gas mileage is great. the comfortable ride and quietness of the ride. surprising good handling(not BMW- but not too disconnected from the road) the Magnetic grey is a great color- not sure if it is the paint protectant they put on - but it really stands out Upgraded stereo with IPOD control works really well Backup sensors are great for parking or just when backing up

not sure if possible- but would like to see if able to go in EV mode longer - Possible plug in option adjustable heated seat control - only one setting seems kinda cheap

Quiet & Smooth like a Lexus
By Mutant Ninja

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

You do not know you are driving a Hybrid. It just drives like a very regular car. It feels smooth and quiet like a Lexus ES or LS. I like the CVT. It is really smooth and transparent. Electric motor assists the gasoline engine when you need the power. Sweet! I have not achieved 35 MPG yet, I only get between 30 and 33 in Kansas City. For the driver and the front passenger, seat belts are particularly hard to grab/reach. There are some fitting issues. The auto-dimming rear-view mirror is wobbly on all cars at the dealership. The NAV display has strong magenta color cast. The JBL stereo does not display CD-Text correctly. (It has trouble with the artist name!)

Smooth acceleration! Quiet ride. Choice of QWERTY/ABCD keyboard on NAV.

Foldable outside mirrors. More contemporary RFID remote design. Please put vents on the moon-roof shade so that when the roof is UP, one does not need to slide the shade open. Put a button release for the parking brake please! The battery and the elec motor could be used more often. Put EV mode!

My First Experience with a Hybrid
By GPF

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This was my first hybrid purchase, and I must say I'm most pleasantly surprised at how well it actually performs. The Camry Hybrid is as comfortable to drive as any Camry, and the mileage has been phenomenal, even at the low miles so far. I think I'm getting about 40 MPG in mixed driving. The EPA rating does not do justice to how fuel-efficient the Camry Hybrid actually is. Although more costly than a gas-version Camry, the difference will more than pay for itself when gas prices go up (as they will surely do). It's more practical than the Prius, I would think, for the majority of people. And it's definitely more practical than pure electric vehicles, which have the long charge times.

Hybrid Synergy Drive = Excellent Fuel Efficiency. It's very quiet and comfortable. Excellent ergonomics and controls. Looks good inside and out. Only needs regular grade gas. Headlights are bright. Keyless entry and ignition. Good visibility all around. LED lights. MPG gauge instead of tach.

Organized storage space in the spare tire area. It's unfinished and not conducive to storing stuff. If possible, store the hybrid battery somewhere else besides the trunk, to provide more space.