2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (13 reviews )
I'm sold (3 times)!
By elsa3 on 02/17/13 08:26 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We reluctantly bought a new 2007 Camry Hybrid after test-driving a Prius, as the frame of the Prius' hatchback blocked the rear view and the seats were not comfortable. I was sure that I'd be disappointed with the Camry since I'd really wanted the Prius, but I was wrong; the Camry is the best car we've ever owned, and we've owned a lot of cars! We were so impressed that we have since bought a 2009 and 2011 Camry Hybrid as well, and still drive all 3. We get between 40 and 42 mpg and put about 15,000 miles a year on these cars. Most impressive is the acceleration available when passing; I feel safer in these cars than in any I've had before.

Value for Money
By h_sam on 06/15/11 19:22 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have had a fully loaded version of this car for 18 months now. Mileage varies from 37/38 in spring fall, but drops to 34/36 on hot or very cold days. I drive reasonably well, and am not a hypermiler. Comfy and quiet ride. Interior is OK, GPS not as good as a Garmin. iPod interface can be improved (but but he sound system is great). Cupholders suck - have had coffee cup topple over twice on sharp turns.

Almost bought a Sonata
By tobyone on 05/14/11 17:41 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I almost bought a 2011 Sonata after comparing to Accord and Fusion, but the Limited Sonata gas mileage on the car i ordered only got 28MPG highway on the test drive. the computer said 36 mpg. so decided to test drive Camry- and then the hybrid. so very quiet and the idea of higher gas mileage interested both me and my wife. Dealer made me an offer i could not refuse on a 2011 loaded except for Nav. $28,000 before tax and license. included leather, sunroof, spoiler, tinted windows, backup sensors, upgraded sound system and wheels, fog lights love the car so far - first tank was 37MPG- using the calculator method - just filled up 41.2 mpg wife is doing 1/2 driving and she is not a hyper miler

Quiet & Smooth like a Lexus
By Mutant Ninja on 10/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

You do not know you are driving a Hybrid. It just drives like a very regular car. It feels smooth and quiet like a Lexus ES or LS. I like the CVT. It is really smooth and transparent. Electric motor assists the gasoline engine when you need the power. Sweet! I have not achieved 35 MPG yet, I only get between 30 and 33 in Kansas City. For the driver and the front passenger, seat belts are particularly hard to grab/reach. There are some fitting issues. The auto-dimming rear-view mirror is wobbly on all cars at the dealership. The NAV display has strong magenta color cast. The JBL stereo does not display CD-Text correctly. (It has trouble with the artist name!)

My First Experience with a Hybrid
By GPF on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This was my first hybrid purchase, and I must say I'm most pleasantly surprised at how well it actually performs. The Camry Hybrid is as comfortable to drive as any Camry, and the mileage has been phenomenal, even at the low miles so far. I think I'm getting about 40 MPG in mixed driving. The EPA rating does not do justice to how fuel-efficient the Camry Hybrid actually is. Although more costly than a gas-version Camry, the difference will more than pay for itself when gas prices go up (as they will surely do). It's more practical than the Prius, I would think, for the majority of people. And it's definitely more practical than pure electric vehicles, which have the long charge times.

Wonderful Car
By Kevin on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great purchase. I have never owned a Hybrid. Very concerned with the transition b/t gas and electric. There is NO discernible transition. Fantastic. It is not going to snap your neck with its acceleration off the line. That is not why you buy this car. It is fun to drive. Does excellent on the Hwy. Feels great in construction zones or traffic as you move along smiling without wasting gas. I find myself learning how to drive it in electric as long as possible. I drive it in "stealth" mode in the neighborhood. My wife just took a 500 mile trip and made it home without fill-up. Technology is awesome. Best car purchase I have ever made! Cuts at least one gas fill-up a month.

Great Car!
By Thomas on 08/19/10 18:39 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had the care about 5 months now. Really like it. Great fuel economy, fun to drive, lots of interior space, and generally feel good driving it. Trunk is a bit smaller than I would have hoped, but to be expected. Overall, I love this car, best I have ever owned to date.

Quiet ride with great MPG
By Philken on 08/16/10 11:09 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car has a great and quiet ride. I am averaging about 38 MPG city/highway driving. I got 43.8 MPG on one recent interstate trip! Interior is roomy. Only complaint is poor acceleration from take-off.

Highway Mileage 43.5
By Slipshod on 07/25/10 15:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I drive 50 miles each way on 495 from MA into NH. Up and down highway. I'm getting 43.5+ mpg so far.

Variability in Quality
By garyn on 07/22/10 09:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had a dealership bring in a particular color combination for a test drive and probable purchase. Car drove well but form and fit of the dash components I thought was substandard. The leather seating was already wrinkled with only 150 miles on the car. I checked out other Camrys at the dealership and found similar variability. The dealer representative told me that this is the way most were! I went to a second dealership and found an identical car in the lot. This car had perfect fit. Proceeded to buy this one. Very happy with it so far. Bought an extended warranty because I have no experience with Toyota or a hybrid for that matter.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid in VA is:

$124 per month*