Excellent all-round car
By sam on
2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I purchased this car after comparing this long and hard with the Fusion Hybrid, Acura TSX, and a pre-owned Lexus ES 350 in the same price range. It is on par with the Fusion with regards to the 'ride' quality, handling (fusion is a wee bit better) and fuel economy. However, when comparing the 'top of the line' versions, the fully optioned Camry beats a similarly equipped Fusion hybrid in interior build quality, hands down. The Camry is also a bit softer and quieter (On par with the ES 350). The only issue with the Camry is the 'image' factor - If this is something that's important to you. Just don't expect your buddies to ask you for a test drive anytime soon!!!
Favorite Features
Real world fuel economy is surprisingly better than EPA estimates (I get 36-38 mpg). Ultra quiet cabin - on par with the Lexus. More than enough power, when required. I did not expect this from a 4 cylinder hybrid.
Suggested Improvements
Sat Nav. 'usability' is so-so - My portable Garmin is easier to use. Leather seats are good, but could be better! Cup holders are awkwardly placed for the driver. Left (Door) side hand rests can be made wider. Front passenger seat has no lumbar support adjuster. Small trunk.