Used 2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (21 reviews )

Pleasantly surprised
By Bo

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am 6'4 and I've always had a problem finding a roomy car with good fuel economy. My choices have been limited to roomy-gas guzzling SUVs and too cramped gas sipping compacts and mid size sedans. I debated between the Altima Hybrid, Jetta TDI and the TCH. The Jetta was still cramped for me and the Altima Hybrid being a TCH in Nissan clothing, I opted for the original.I've had it for two months now and really enjoy it. It is exactly what I was looking for in a car and I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Very smooth drive train, roomy, comfortable, fuel economy, ergonomics, sound system,

Trunk size, interior fit and finish

Wow what a car!
By Gary

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just got 2010 TCH in April. Already know this is the finest vehicle I have ever owned. Traded 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid. Liked that car also but it is a truck compared to this one. Super ride and it is extremely quiet. Acceleration will put you back into your seat. Averaging 36 mpg. Civic only got 30.Leather seats are extremely comfortable. Put you music on a USB memory stick and throw away your MP3 player. Bluetooth works great on the phone. Look at the rear fender wells. They are felt lined to keep noise down.

Incredible acceleration, fuel economy, USB interface, bluetooth, interior quality, no road or tire noise, NAV system, seat comfort

Front cup holder compartments could be a bit deeper.

Excellent, good to be back in a Camry
By Bryce-Long Beach

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Always had Camrys, briefly went to KIA (it was o.k.), now back to Camry. This is a great car!

Quality, ride, quietness

uggh, headroom please. I'm 6'1, and with the moonroof (came with one of the packages, I could do without it if I had the choice,) I almost hit my head. Otherwise, I've had no problems.

Excellent all-round car
By sam

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased this car after comparing this long and hard with the Fusion Hybrid, Acura TSX, and a pre-owned Lexus ES 350 in the same price range. It is on par with the Fusion with regards to the 'ride' quality, handling (fusion is a wee bit better) and fuel economy. However, when comparing the 'top of the line' versions, the fully optioned Camry beats a similarly equipped Fusion hybrid in interior build quality, hands down. The Camry is also a bit softer and quieter (On par with the ES 350). The only issue with the Camry is the 'image' factor - If this is something that's important to you. Just don't expect your buddies to ask you for a test drive anytime soon!!!

Real world fuel economy is surprisingly better than EPA estimates (I get 36-38 mpg). Ultra quiet cabin - on par with the Lexus. More than enough power, when required. I did not expect this from a 4 cylinder hybrid.

Sat Nav. 'usability' is so-so - My portable Garmin is easier to use. Leather seats are good, but could be better! Cup holders are awkwardly placed for the driver. Left (Door) side hand rests can be made wider. Front passenger seat has no lumbar support adjuster. Small trunk.

First Toyota, First Hybrid
By RER

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just past the break-in period of approx. 1000 miles, all driven in Washington,DC-Northern VA rush hour traffic. Equipped with NAV, leather seats, moon roof, convenience package. After 1 month and 1,000 miles I must say that I love this car. I was concerned about power, but the car has plenty of power and is just fine in rush hour traffic changing lanes, merging, etc., in some of what must be the worst traffic in the nation. When bogged down in slow moving traffic, the engine cuts off and electric power takes over. I look at display and just smile. The interior design is quite good as is the fit and finish. Have not had any problems to return to dealer for. Prev had an '03 Acura CL-S 6cyl

Quite and smooth ride and great MPG for a nicely equipped mid size vehicle. Also, the interior is very nicely designed. Smart Key system.

None at this time.