2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (21 reviews )
2010 Camry Hybrid
By ew on 03/12/10 07:12 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I replaced my 1997 Toyota Camry to 2010 Camry Hybrid. I got above 36 MPG in the cold weather. I hope get more MPG when weather becomes warm. Trunk space is small, but the ride is smooth and quiet. I love my new TCH.

moved up from Prius
By kh on 02/25/10 06:14 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

2004 Prius driver, enjoyed Prius This car is a major upgrade. More power, great quieter ride, very roomy. mileage drops to 36, 37, but I am very impressed. It looks and rides like a sedan. Spoiler helps, wife and kids are happy . Tell me it doesn't look like spaceship! Impressed so far!

Good to go
By ESF on 12/09/09 11:01 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My husband and I commute 50 miles a day to work via tollroads and the gas mileage is great for this size of car. We traded the Prius for the Camry, loved the Prius but it was a tad small. Great on the highway and in town.

Update on review
By Lynn on 11/03/09 09:32 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I felt the need to update my previous review, as some of my assessments were somewhat premature. After taking an out of state trip, and having around 3500 miles on my vehicle now, I can say that I am basically pleased with my purchase. I previously mentioned the slight hesitation sometimes after coming to a stop, and I now realize this is standard on a hybrid and seems less noticeable now anyway. I was also wrong about the glove box paint. I continue to be impressed with the mileage I'm getting, as well as the quiet ride, roomy interior, quality of the audio system, and the input I get regarding fuel economy. I'm happy with the purchase and would definitely recommend the car.

I Love It
By Jonesy17 on 10/27/09 15:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Quiet, Comfortable, Roomy, Fun to drive. First hybrid car I've owned and I love it. I got 550 miles first tank of gas with 39.5 MPG. Drive about 80 miles per day for work 80% highway going between 70-75 MPH and 20% city streets. I stay in electric mode mostly going between 35-40 MPH when on city streets using the old pulse and glide just coasting between signals. Car is fully loaded and I love every feature on it.

2010 Camry Hybrid
By Daniel on 10/26/09 17:20 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We decided to go with the hybrid instead of the LE because of the 12-13 difference in city MPG. A sizable difference. So far we have not had to use the AC, and the MPG readout on the dash encourages you to drive with a soft pedal. So far, with 3 minor road trips and city use, we have averaged 39-40 MPG. 55-68 MPH on the road, and easy city driving. Unless the computer readout is bogus, the mileage is fantastic. Soft pedaling really helps, if that doesn't bother you. The power is there if you need it. Usual Toyota quality... smooth, quiet, comfortable. Great car, so far.

Very Nice Camry Hybrid for 2010
By Donaldo on 10/23/09 20:34 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Owned TCH for 2 days. Comfortable driver's/passenger seats with solid ride. Pick-up is robust, on par with my '05 Avalon, which, btw, measures smaller overall car length and width than 2010 CH. Inside leather and appointments are first class. Navigation system registers 9.1 version; I must check and find out if this CH Nav system is the same as Lexus' Nav. Have been told that by Toy. dealer. Back leg room ample. Good feel and "look" when driving. Short time owner, thus limited opinions. I really like the car, as does my wife.

Disappointing
By Lynn on 10/17/09 22:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just purchased my first hybrid, and I thought I would be happier with my decision than I am. The ride is not nearly as comfortable as my previous Camry SE, and the car hesitates every time I start up again after a stop, making me wonder if it's going to die on me. I am happy so far with the mileage, but for the price and all the hoopla, I thought I'd be getting something I'd at least be as happy with as I was with my 2005.

A good improvement
By Delta_man on 10/01/09 23:02 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just replaced my 2009 loaded Camry Hybrid with a 2010. I did it because I really like the change to the front end of the car, plus the wheels and rear camera. When I finally got to drive it, I was surprised to also see an updated computer interface for all of the functions, Everything, e.g. phone, contacts, energy use menus are more modern looking, and easier to use. As a former BMW 7 series and Audi A6 owner, I like this car as well as either of them, except for the lower power, but the hybrid is surprisingly peppy. I managed to stay up with an Infiniti G35 tonight as we roared off on an freeway entrance ramp. I managed to stay in the lead. Highly recommended car.

2010 Toyota Camry
By Peggy Sanders on 09/21/09 04:50 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am so excited about my first hybrid. I love this car! It is so comfortable and exciting to drive. The unusual color (green mica) has people commenting constantly. The mileage is amazing. This is my first Toyota.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan in VA is:

$122 per month*