Used 2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Camry-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (21 reviews )

At 75,000 miles and Running Great
By chris_s_2010

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my 2010 Camry Hybrid (used) a bit more than a year ago. It's running well and hasn't given me any problems. I put on about 15,000 miles in that time including a drive from Toronto to Florida and back. One of the key things that attracted me to it originally was the interior room. I am 6'4" and my son is 6'6". We tried a lot of mid-size cars and this was the best for space (except for the trunk!). The electric driver's seat is a big bonus for tall drivers. We got over 40 mpg on the Florida trip without too much effort. It has a lot of technology in it but it all seems to work well. It isn't intended to be sporty but as a comfortable car it works well.

Favorite Features

* Interior space - good for 6 footers. * Good gas mileage - especially in warmer weather. * Comfortable seats - especially electric driver's seat.

Suggested Improvements

This is a great car for the price. Toyota engineers did a very good job. The things that could be improved have been in the 2012+ models: * Even better gas mileage. * More trunk (and interior) space. * A quieter startup for the gas motor and a more seemless switch from electric to gas.

1 year- 40mpg
By atomicalex7

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this car for about one year now. I previously had a buick century, but before that I had a 1993 camry with 190,000 miles. This car drives just like the 93. I have 20,000 miles on the TCH and I love it. It has lots of power and room. The only thing I dont like is when you put your hand on the driverside handle to unlock it, only the driver door unlocks. Also, I can drive up to 42mph on electric only. At 85mph, it doesnt sound like the car is on or moving. I love it and will get anotherone when this one goes.

Unassuming overachiever
By Mark

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I visited California and rented a Camry hybrid. I am not a stranger to hybrids, I drive a '06 highlander hybrid and I used to have a '07 civic hybrid. The Honda was a piece of joke, a toy car, I later traded it for a real usable car, a Subaru outback. Back to the Camry hybrid, it was a nice surprise, the ride is very refined, very smooth, very quite, and road impacts nicely are flattened. Driving 80 mph feels like 50 mph. I expected that my 4 large travel luggage and a stroller not to fit the trunk since all my stuff barely fit in my Subaru outback when I left New York. To my amazement all my luggage and the stroller fit the trunk. Usage mileage 38 MPG better than civic hybrid.

Favorite Features

Stealth luxury car, stealth gas sipper, nice alloy wheels, very roomy interior, relatively small but still very usable trunk (4 luggage plus stroller fit), I am very happy with my time on this car.

Suggested Improvements

Memory driver seat, but hey, that is a premium feature even on luxury cars. I cannot think of something else.

So far, so good.
By Lee

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in my 2003 Camry LE for the 2010 TCH. The 2003 was very quiet and smooth but the 2010 TCH beats it hands down. Love the Bluetooth and the upgraded audio. Fuel economy is exactly what I've expected. According to the onboard computer, I averaged 34.1 mpg on my 1st tank of gas but I suspected that the tank was not 100% full. The 2nd tank of gas confirmed my suspicion as I averaged 38.5, according to the onboard computer and 38.7 according to my manual calculation. I expect the number will continue to improve as I learn to drive the car more efficiently.

Favorite Features

Quiet and smooth ride, keyless entry and start, blue tooth, LBJ audio and fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Small trunk.

Glad to be back in a Toyota
By Ed

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in my Olds Bravada last month for a TCH. It is a little odd to drive at first. VERY quiet. I took it from Seattle to Montana last week (about 1300 miles round trip). We averaged 35.6 mpg freeway driving on 4 mountain passes. The speedometer turns blue when you are being fuel efficient. I thought it was pretty gimmicky, however I found myself changing my driving habits to increase my mileage - so I guess it worked.

Favorite Features

keyless entry and start

Suggested Improvements

I would love the blue highlights behind the Toyota emblems (like the prius). It would look really nice on my shiny black car!