2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Review: Still working on the gas milea

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Still working on the gas mileage
By Retired in Illinois on

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We waited almost 4 months to get our TCH but haven't regretted the purchase (even though gas prices have come down since we ordered it). We had a Camry before this one and were always happy with Toyota. For a recent trip, we ended up buying two smaller suitcases as our two large ones wouldn't fit in the trunk. We aren't getting the gas mileage we had hoped and plan to take it back to the dealer to see what's going on. It seems like the gas engine comes on even when we are going slow, so it may need some adjustment. The lights above the visors shine down, not in your face, so you can use them at night without distracting the driver.

We love the keyless entry on the doors and trunk and smart-key start. I never take the keys from my purse. The heated seats are great in Chicago's cold weather - it warms your lower back too. The 6 CD player is hidden after the CDs are inserted which is a nice feature.

I wish it had memory settings for seats and mirrors as my husband is 6'2" and I am 5'2". We have a Murano with pedals that move forward - in the THC, I sit closer to the steering wheel than I'd like. Also wish the side body molding was a standard feature.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review