Just do it!
By Flyer on
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
This car is simply superb. I work in a vehicle-related field, and I have seen crash/wreck photos of Camrys - people walk away from wrecks because this car sacrifices itself to save its occupants. I was searching to replace my Jetta diesel (a maintenance intensive vehicle) but wanted to up-size from the Prius. The Camry hybrid is for those people who hate waste and love efficiency, like myself. I am a caregiver, and the Camry has enough space to allow people with disabilities the room to swing in and out of the vehicle easily (unlike the new Jetta TDI, which has a much smaller interior). My father, a solid diesel head, was sold on the Camry hybrid within thirty minutes. Simply impressive.
Favorite Features
Fuel efficiency for a vehicle that weights 3700lbs is amazing. Crash results are impressive. This car lets you get on with life without having to worry about maintenance, reliability, safety. I love zooming up to 40mph, easing off the accelerator, and watching the mpg needle swing back to 60mpg!
Suggested Improvements
Toyota needs to backlight the door switches - hard to find buttons at night. The trunk lid does not have a hand insert where you can insert your hand to close the lid - a minor annoyance. Be sure to read the manual - you will learn the nuances of systems in this car.