I heart my TCH even tho I didnt want to
By cocogirl on
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I was determined to hate this car but felt its necessity. I've debated hybrids 4 years but was disappointed in lack of creature comforts (sunroof) & styling. I thought I wanted another luxury car (I had a Infiniti G35) but live in Hawaii where gas got 2 be $5/g premium & I couldn't justify working to drive a symbol. The first day I hated it (it seemed like a mom car & I am so the opposite) & gas mileage was awful (<20 mpg). I cried & thought I made an expensive mistake. I gave it a week & actually fell hard for it. It's smooth, spacious, luxurious, zippy & a convo starter. I avg 37.2 - 99.9/tank (yup 99, downhill).
Favorite Features
I love JBL, cant believe it's better than Bose. Engine braking took a sec to master & use it more than the G's triptronic shifting. I love the quiet & I thought I would miss a deep v6 growl. Blown away at amount of power when needing to go fast. Tank lasts over 2 weeks. Doesn't seem mom-like after all.
Suggested Improvements
Placement of eco a/c button is really odd (inadvertently open gas cap a lot). Cruise control lever is also strangely placed. Wish front seats hugged a bit more (I'm really small & slide around them). Steering could be a bit tighter. Gentle wind gusts really knock the car. Aux outlet area's too deep.