First Hybrid, Second Camry
By Dianne on
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I have now driven this vehicle for approximately 10,000 miles. I bought it with all the amenities. The leather interior is top notch. It comfortably seats 4 adults. Not being a techno geek, the blue tooth was easy to set up and is crystal clear. Trunk space is small by Toyota standards, but roomy by other maker standards. The ride is smooth and quiet. Gas mileage great. Sound system and GPS are fabulous. ONE ANNOYING PROBLEM: the gas cap loosens itself and causes the check engine light to engage. I do not top off and carefully make sure the gas cap is tightly closed, but it somehow loosens! When I tighten the cap, the light will eventually turn off. Seems related to air pressure in the tank.
Favorite Features
It feels like a solid, well designed car. The features are very user friendly and can be pretty much figured out without even reading the manual (but the manual helps). I expected poor acceleration, a complaint a friend had about his Honda, but was pleasantly surprised otherwise. Brakes are superior.
Suggested Improvements
The gas cap loosening causing the engine check light to come on definitely needs to be addressed. Otherwise, I love this vehicle.