Used 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (148 reviews )

My first Toyota / First hybrid /
By ramzk

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have had my new Camry hybrid for three weeks now and absolutely love it. I have driven a Lexus LS 400 for the past 14 years. The fit and finish is excellent on this car and I really like the hybrid system. I have ran two tanks of gas so far and have averaged 38 mpg overall in mixed city and highway driving in Atlanta. It is amazing how often you can run strictly on the battery or a mix of very little foot on the gas and battery to increase your mpg. As you pull up to every light or slow way down the engine shuts off and the car is totally quiet. A small touch to the accelerator the engine fires up seamlessly and off you go. The car is extremely comfortable.

Navigation with Bluetooth is awesome and was really easy to set up. Really like making and receiving calls through the navi system and sound quality is incredible. JBL sound system sounds great. Leather seats are very comfortable. The silver with dark tinted windows look awesome.

Memory seats. USB hook up for ipod.

Not so great
By Markel

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very uncomfortable seats. Check engine lights comes on if gas cap is not put back on correctly! Window tinting could be better.

decent gas mileage

Better window tinting for cars in hot weather states, ie FL, AZ etc. Have different warning light for gas tank.

My third Camry
By ricus

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been a Camry owner now since 1992. I just bought the Hybrid about a month ago. I really love this car and I am getting right at 38MPG with only 500 miles on the car. I expect to get a bit more once it is fully broken in. The ride is a bit softer than my earlier Camrys but since I am getting older, I do not mind that the car ride a bit softer. I am still learning all that this car can do but I am continually impress on just how quiet the car is and how much better this JBL sound system is. This 2009 feels bigger than my previous models and I have to take more time to get it out of the garage. In 8 to 10 years, I will most likely buy another Camry. These are great cars for the money.

The JBL sound system is really great and it needs no separate sub woofer. I love the illumination of the dash too. I got this car for the price of an XLE model. I paid less for this Camry than I did for the 2008 Prius. What a bargain.

A bit more trunk space would be appreciated. Sensors with sound for the bumpers when parking would be nice and the BT works well for your phone but is tricky to setup.

Excellent Purchase
By Mike in Wisconsin

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Got the following features: leather heated power seats, JBL audio with navigation/bluetooth/XM satellite radio, moonroof, dual climate control. Accessories work well and have intuitive controls. Averaging 37.5 MPG combined city/highway driving. This car is equipped like any entry-level luxury car. Roomy interior, comfortable ride on expressways as well as bumpy city streets. Push button start and "Smart Key" feature is terrific! Gas engine works seamlessly with electric motor; you barely notice when the gas engine kicks in and no noticeable change in car's performance when gas engine shuts down when it isn't needed. This is our 4th Toyota product (first hybrid car). Very, very happy.

In-dash navigation system, hybrid system gasoline savings, hands-free bluetooth phone link, comfortable interior, very good ride & handling.

Wish the hybrid batteries didn't take up so much trunk space. Power tilt & telescoping steering wheel would be nicer than manual adjustment.

Very poor reliability
By GBouscal

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

3050 miles to date and I've had to return for service every 1000 miles due to the check engine light. There are fuel system problems. I've spent 8 hours at the service center so far, with my next appointment next week, which will be my 5th visit.

None

Build a car that stays out of the service center.