Used 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Base Consumer Reviews - 149 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (149 reviews )

Love It!
By Happy as a Clam

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I absolutely love this car. I realize that Toyota has taken a beating lately with recalls but I still feel it's one of the best cars on the road. Gas mileage is terrific - getting very close to 40 mpg average and this is checking it with a calculator not relying on the gauge. The interior is plush - I do however have a loaded model. Incidentally I disagree with the Edmunds' statement that an Altima has a nicer interior. I looked at them as well as the Ford Fusion and felt both had inferior interiors and neither Fords or the Altimas gas engine was as quiet as the Camry. It's quiet, solid very comfortable for long trips. I would heartily recommend this car to anyone.

Gas Mileage

Calibrate the avg tank mileage indicator so it more accurately reflects true mileage - mine is about 1 1/2 to 2 miles optimistic.

Love It!
By bluebonnet

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I dearly love my hybrid '09 Camry. It had 9000 miles on it when I bought it and what fun to drive. It says I am getting 37.9 miles to the gallon. Wonderful comfort and pick up.

wonderful mileage and gps

Just an average car
By ebisayako

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Upon buying this car I was so impressed with the quality of the material, the fit and finish especially the quietness of the ride. Until this last few months when the doors start to rattle and the mpg is not great enough as a hybrid, average 30 mpg.

The quality of the materials, the smoothness of the ride, ergonomics.

Increased miles per gallon and more oomph to acceleration.The engine is too small.

MPG - Gas Milleage and Horse Power
By Kevin Bui

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am really disappointed by the gas mileage that I go for nearly a year, about 12,000 miles so far. I got about 28-30 miles/gal. Not sure because I live near a lot of mountain area; up and down hill; or short distance drive that caused the mileage couldn't be close to 34 or more. I took the car to the dealer and complaint about it but they ran diagnostic test and showed nothing wrong. Also, don't see a lot of horse power. Basically, me and my wife were driving like old lady style in order to see any improvement in gas mileage but it stay around 30 mile/gal or less. Not really happy at all.

comfort drive and quiet

Need visor light. Better to have reading light instead of one light to the whole cabin. Why outside temp not show next to the clock like previous model. Improve horse power and make sure MPG better in worse condition like mountain area condition, and when AC is on, mileage is worst

Not To happy
By Lanenn

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I did heavy research before I traded my 2004 Chevy Maxx. Read every report, drove some other cars,and this Camry Hybrid seemed to be the very best I could buy. Safe, good trade value, good mileage..maybe at 71 years old my last car. Now after almost 8 mos. I have been very sorry I purchased this car. Gas mileage not so great, better in summer then winter. Interior very plan,fun to drive, answer: no.Now with all the bad coming about Toyota, even if this Camry Hybrid is not on any recall..YET the value is sure to fall off. I should have stayed with Ford or Chevy. There all some other things about this Camry that are becoming more of a disappointment to me and my wife. The AC/heat control are poor.

Good fuel mileage in summer. Looks nice when clean. Ride is good for size of car.

Larger trunk, more door switch lighting,Easy vent, heat and AC controls.Fold in outside rearviews. Side door mouldings. More for your money. Better gas mileage for a hybird!