2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (147 reviews )
Love it!
By wholesaler on 05/04/08 14:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wholesale cars so basically I've had the opportunity to drive almost every model of vehicle there is out there. Since the recent jump in gas prices, I took a test drive in a loaded 09 Camry Hybrid just to try it out. I fell in love, purchased it that day and haven't had one regret since! I usually average between 35 to 40 mpg and that is mostly city driving.

Going green
By Hybrid princess on 04/29/08 21:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in a beautiful Lexus GS400 with 300hp v8 for a TCH. Looked first at the Prius, but couldn’t bear to give up power seats, heated seats, moon roof, and the overall “sedan feel”. The hybrid is a delight to drive! Getting over double the gas mileage from my old car in the first two weeks and my first fill at the gas station was under $20. I first thought the gas pump was malfunctioning!!

Coming From Maxima
By Sam on 04/29/08 12:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great ride, quiet interior, great gas mileage. I went from a Nissan Maxima to the Camry for the gas mileage. Wow what a great car. The seats are very comfortable which also wrap around you. My first tank right now is around 38 mpg and the car also has ok pickup. I love my Bluetooth system, I got fully loaded with spoiler, it looks hot.

Green and Happy
By Nice! on 04/27/08 14:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Happy to be driving a hybrid. This a car that will not perform like a sports car but if you want to feel like you are sitting in you living room relaxing, then this is the car for you. It is the most comfortable car that I have driven. I almost got the Altima but then at the last minute I decided to check out this car - thank God I did! The leather is very plush, the interior is beautiful, especially at night when it all lights up.

First tank mileage
By tomnm on 04/25/08 11:35 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I do mountain driving to commute to work and get 38+ mpg round trip first tank, very nice.

Perfect 10 indeed!
By TCH Driver on 04/21/08 22:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After months of searching for a brand new car, we found the perfect one! We bought a 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid SE in a beautiful skyblue color. It is unbelievably quiet, smooth, and fun to drive! We can finally enjoy driving and listening to music or talking on the phone without all the road noise. We are averaging an excellent 40 MPG and we are very happy with our decision!

Great Car!
By LisaAnn on 04/21/08 08:29 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car!I went from a 1998 Volvo S70 where I got 25 mpg, and a wonderful ride to this. I don't miss my Volvo! Smooth, quiet ride, avg 41 mpg in city, and I do not know the hwy yet. MPG has increased as I've learn to drive a hybrid (very different driving skill). Controls and monitoring system on dash allow me to keep my eyes on the road. (I did not get their GPS System because my portable Garmin sits quite nicely to the left of the steering wheel at eye level.)

2009 Oregon Camry Hybrid
By 2009 Camry Hybrid on 04/15/08 17:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My Camry Hybrid has been delivering better than the EPA estimate of 33 MPG city mileage at about 34-35 on the first three tanks of gas. Performance seems better than the 2008 Honda Accord EX-L 4 cylinder I also test drove before deciding on the Toyota and much better mileage to boot. The loaded Camry Hybrid is really close in price to a comparably equipped Camry XLE V6.

Coming from a BMW
By Mookie on 04/15/08 10:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

OK, so I'm a 4X BMW owner. This time around I decided to try a hybrid. The TCH is no BMW, not in performance, handling nor build quality. But I didn't expect it to be. What did surprise me is that it's fun to drive, has a lot of conveniences (with the nav package) and I'm getting 35+ MPG. That's the whole point. I went from 20 MPG to 35 MPG and Premium to Regular. I've about halved my weekly gas costs. I don't regret my decision. But if I win the lottery I will buy an M6.

Believer!
By TD on 04/12/08 10:59 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded a BMW 745i for a Toyota Hybrid. With gas approaching $4 for premium it was time for a change! Tested Prius but could not make the transition with hardly any creature comforts available in this region. Didn't discover the Camry until the last minute. Customer reviews here and elsewhere on the web boast how great this car is so I went to take a test drive. Truly, I thought I would give up a lot to save gas and the environment but instead was quite surprised! Got the hybrid fully loaded and couldn't be happier. Every day I ask myself, "what took me so long!" Get a Camry Hybrid!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan in NJ is:

$202 per month*