2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (147 reviews )
Hands down... awesome car!!
By happyhybrid on 05/23/08 15:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just purchased a fully loaded '09 in black. It is a great looking car. The technology in there is unbelievable and I haven't even spent a lot of time playing with the navi! The ride is so smooth, and I love the fact that while I'm sitting in LA traffic, I'm not burning any more fuel and helping the econ as well! I don't think I'll ever buy a non-hybrid again! Haven't had it long enough to assess true MPG, but expect to get at least the EPA estimates, which is big win for me. Go get one!

Great Car
By camrydc on 05/20/08 08:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Turned in my 5 series bmw for this car. No more premium fuel and Im almost doubling my mileage! This is one high technology vehicle. I got all the bells and whistles. Very comfortable and after half a tank am averaging 37.1 mpg commuting into Washington DC.

Wahoo
By mark on 05/18/08 06:24 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Traded in a 2005 fully loaded Quad Silverado getting 18 MPG. Purchased loaded Camry Hybrid. Getting 39 MPG mix hwy/city. Comfortable interior and nice toys, i.e Bluetooth, nav system and keyless ignition. I commute over 100 miles each day and lumbar support in driver's seat nice.

I'm loving it!
By steve on 05/16/08 08:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in my 16 mpg SUV (GMC Envoy) last month for the TCH with an advertised 34/33 mpg. I'm very happy to report that in 5 fill ups I'm averaging 39.8 mpg. Two trips on the PA turnpike reduced my overall, but I was using the cruise and lots of hills going west. Five weeks later I’m still perfecting my driving habits, but I have achieved just over 45 mpg. When I purchased my black TCH they seem to be plentiful, now two of my co- workers have theirs on order. The navigation and information systems along with the Bluetooth are both user friendly and entertaining for the kids. Before the TCH I used to dread the stop and go traffic to and from work now I'm loving it!

Incredible Vehicle
By corona75 on 05/13/08 07:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The technology wrapped up in this car is worth far more than the sticker price. Talk about a sound vehicle! My wife and I are competing to see who can get the highest score on the MPG gauge. So far, she is ahead with a 35.7, but it's just our first tank. Hard to find, but well worth the effort. It feels like a far more expensive car. Plenty of power if needed, but who cares about power when you're watching the MPG!

Oh what a feeling
By 2 many suv's on 05/13/08 00:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this vehicle exactly 3 days ago and have put 300 miles on it. It is a wonderful car. Good acceleration, very comfortable ride and I love the gas mileage. My wife and I drive over 2600 miles a month with kids, commuting and misc. activities. This will drop our fuel consumption in half in no time. We are averaging 37.5 mpg on the first tank. It can only get better as we get used to it.

No disappointments
By Chuck on 05/09/08 11:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I took a road trip so the first week was more highway than city driving but we averaged 40.2 MPG. We have owned Lexus and Mercedes cars and SUVs and the Toyota is almost as quiet, the fit and finish is good, not a big fan of all the plastic but hey the car was under $30k with navigation, leather heated seats, upgraded stereo, sunroof, etc. Would definitely buy again. As I said no disappointments.

All I can say is wow!
By nanjo on 05/08/08 06:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased this beautiful car in early May after reading great reviews and getting tired of our 2003 Honda Pilot's dismal 15 mpg in the city. I was a bit hesitant to give up my midsize SUV, but we decided it was time to do something "green" for both us and the planet. We are great believers in Toyota quality, this is my 2nd Camry, we've owned an Avalon, and my husband's on his 3rd Toyota truck. I missed my Pilot for about 10 minutes :) The hybrid purrs like a kitten, the car is air-tight and handles so smoothly! You certainly will not have buyer's remorse if you get this vehicle. We're averaging about 40 mpg in town. Buy one if you're lucky enough to find it!

A very good move
By Robert NorVelle on 05/07/08 15:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was never a big fan of Japanese cars but after reading so many great reviews of the Camry Hybrid I decided to check it out. I drove it and wow what a nice car. I traded my 07 GMC Denali (13.2 mpg) in on a loaded TCH and am getting 36.2 in total comfort! The TCH is a very nice car to drive and has lots of room for my 6'2" 260lb self to travel in.

I love my TCH!
By cls on 05/07/08 02:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in my 2007 Acura MDX for my 09 TCH and so glad I did. The TCH looks and feels great. I love the mileage, I have only had it for a couple of weeks and I am averaging 35-40 mpg. I drive to the beach every friday and I cant wait to get in and cruise, turn on the tunes and enjoy! I love it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid in VA is:

$118 per month*