2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (147 reviews )
For Adults Only
By my money on 06/05/08 12:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is for adults, rides great, looks good, sensible, super quiet and great mileage. I looked at 20 vehicles before I made my choice. One test drive made me a believer. I'm averaging 33-35 mpg in town, and one road trip at 38 mpg. The trunk is short, but the kids have moved out, and if i need to haul that much junk, I'll rent a truck.

Camry Hybrid is awesome
By Post on 06/03/08 14:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought the car 3 weeks ago. First tank full I got 37.5 mpg and second tank im averaging 39.5. Much better than new EPA ratings... wonder why they have them set so low! It would take some seriously bad driving to get the 34/33 they have rated for this vehicle!

Better than the Altima
By Merced Dave on 06/03/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I planned to purchase an Altima Hybrid based on superior reviews in Edmunds.com. However, when I test drove both vehicles, I found the Toyota Hybrid superior in almost all regards. True the Altima handled better than the Camry, but the Altima was noisy and the gas engine continously cycled in and out of operation. By comparison, the Camry is quieter, the gas engine only cycles at appropriate times and the ride is quieter than the Altima. It is clear to me that the Camry Hybrid is a more sophisticated implementation of hybrid technology.

Love My New Car!
By lschaaf on 06/02/08 17:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was really excited to get this car, it was getting tough to find one on a dealer lot. I've been averaging 42 MPG if I hit the highway and 33-35 mpg running errands around town. Plenty of power, we also have a 4 cyl Camry and it has a lot more get up and go than the 4 cyl.

Glad I picked the Camry Hybrid
By seiker0808 on 06/01/08 15:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The car is comfortable and fun to drive. I almost bought a Prius but this has more toys and if I'm careful I can get between 35 and 40 mpg. I love the nav. and the Bluetooth. The minute I started driving the car I knew I was going to buy it over the Prius even though I did really like the Prius as well. This is just more comfortable to me, more of, I can have it all this way. OK, not as good gas mileage as the Prius, but still very good and great for the environment. Love all of the controls on the steering wheel. To get the best gas mileage you have to use cruise control when possible.

Love My Sky Blue Pearl Hybrid
By Diana on 06/01/08 14:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After much research I purchased a 2009 Sky Blue Pearl Toyota Camry Hybrid. I have put 1,000 miles on it so far and love this car. The seats are comfortable and for me, the rear view vision is so much better than the car I drove previously. I got 36.7 mpg on my first tank of gas so am very pleased. I like all the storage and cupholder placement. Love the sky blue color - was tired of gray and white. A/C system works so much better than my 2006 Mercedes. The Toyota is quiet. It does have a slight whine when you slow down to stop.

Great ride!
By daveyboy on 05/27/08 17:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm a Toyota man. This Camry is another high quality vehicle. I'm getting 39 mpg most of the time. I'm thinking about trading my wife's Honda Pilot (15 mpg) for a Highlander Hybrid.

I got it right this time.
By Happy in Omaha on 05/24/08 23:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my Camry Hybrid after reading its reviews in Edmonds. I was worried if I made the right choice until my first gas purchase. I averaged 34.9 mpg on my first tank, and then over 38 on my next two tanks. I am convinced that I can average 40 mpg as I learn how to drive this car. This car is both fun to drive and very comfortable. I would like to have a job selling only Camry Hybrids. It would be as easy as being the weatherman in San Diego. The only person that would not like this car is someone that has to be the quickest driver in traffic. The rest of the adult driving world should be very happy with this vehichle.

2009 Camry Hybrid - great mpg!
By gail on 05/23/08 21:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just a note to say that I sold my Hummer for a Camry Hybrid 3 weeks ago and the gas mileage just keeps getting better. Although it's rated for 33/34, I've been able to get as high as 45.3 mpg highway (without cruise control) and 57.8 (with cruise control). I do have a heavy foot and even my cruise control has a tendency to creep up around 75 mph. In the city it seems to average closer to 30 but I love it so far.

Fun to Drive Camry Hybrid
By seiker0808 on 05/23/08 17:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a Mercedes that I loved because it hugged the road, so I hesitated to trade - imagine my surprise that this car does give good feedback. I feel fully engaged with the road. I love this car! I wish I had bought it sooner. I had planned buy a Prius and I liked it, but I loved the Camry. I decided to sacrifice a little of the Prius's gas mileage for the Camry's moonroof and heated seats and just general overall more of a stable sedan feel.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid in VA is:

$118 per month*