2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (147 reviews )
Great Gas Saver!
By luvhybrid1122 on 06/26/08 08:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Get my 2009 Camry hybrid from web dealer, they delivered to my house to sign paper work. Mine has all available options from Toyota. MSRP over $31500, but the interior still has lot of cheap plastic, wonder that XLE may have better interior. The other car in my house is 2002-3 MB E320. I definitely love the hybrid better for outstanding mileage, its Bluetooth, navigation. The gas warning light on when about 13 gallons burned. So I fill gas around every 13 gallons with around 500 miles. Average 38.46 MPG. The car only delivers 300 miles with same amount premium gas. Not bad!

Green can be great!
By TBone on 06/23/08 07:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Car gets 36 MPG without any change in driving style (compared to the 20 I got previously). With a little effort, I'm able to consistently achieve 40 MPG, more than double what my old car got.

Relevant Car
By Bay Area Brad on 06/22/08 15:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Completely sold on the technology. While gas hovers in the $4.60 range, I am getting 38 to 45 MPG depending on how much I "glide". Significant drop in my monthly fuel bill. Hopefully this will result in ever improving technology. Honda has their hydrogen vehicle out on the market in LA, Toyota is rumored to have "plug in" hybrids, maybe by next year. The Camry is the first legit near lux 4 door. I would recommend this car for anyone who wants to save on their $ fuel bills as well drive a cleaner burning vehicle with room and a little bit of panache.

Very nice ride
By Stewart on 06/22/08 15:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very happy with my first hybrid. I get a average 36.9 mpg easily. Quiet and smooth in the city or on the highway.

Amazing!
By Brian on 06/21/08 18:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just bought my 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid! I am so excited! This car is amazing, I love sitting at a red light and hearing nothing! No noise at all! Dead silence. I love trying to see how long I can go on the battery motor. I had mine built with specific options, leather/nav/moon roof. I also had added by the manf. (not dealer installed) side moldings, spoiler, and sat. radio. I would highly suggest getting this added by manf. not dealer. It looks great! Black on tan. I highly suggest you buy this car.

An Outstanding Purchase
By calmac on 06/16/08 22:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After years of BMWs and Mercedes, I pulled the trigger on a Camry and absolutely love it. It drives nicely, has all the pick up I need and the various toys (ie, nav, bluetooth, etc) are fun and exciting to use. Really am impressed by this car.

Nice Comfortable Gas-Sipper
By StrangeCloud on 06/11/08 12:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have about 1000 miles on it. 2 tanks of gas. Getting about 33-34 mpg whether I drive in city or hwy or both. Took a while to get used to the car operating on the electric motor, but now that I'm used to it, I like. Nice comfortable car although a little small inside compared to my Chrysler 300.

The Smart Way To Move Forward - HYBRID
By YunGunZ on 06/10/08 11:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just recently purchased a brand new Toyota Camry Hybrid and I am thrilled with the purchase! As a person who has a work commute of 70 miles round trip, I felt the need to consider a hybrid car. A quiet and smooth ride. The technology in the car is great. The dashboard indicators tell you how many miles per gallon you are averaging during the ride. It also tells you when you are using gas and when you are using battery! It definitely promotes better, safer, and more fuel efficient driving. When the car is idle, it is DEAD QUIET in the cabin. There is great pride in ownership. You are driving a car that gets great gas mileage (33-34 MPG) and helping out the environment. Aux input for my iPod!

I love it! Fun to drive!!!
By JFLY on 06/09/08 22:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car on June 7th with the following: alloy wheels, bluetooth, 6-cd changer, JBL upgraded sound sytem, heated outside mirrors, dim rearview mirror with compass and floor mats. I never imagined how much fun this car is to drive, you gotta drive it to believe it and know what everyone means when they say this. It is really quiet and rides very smooth. Best car ever!!

From the SUV to MPG
By JOHN on 06/07/08 03:18 AM (PDT)

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Gas near $4 a gallon had to get rid of the 15.5 mpg SUV for better gas mileage. A great move. I do have a heavy foot and getting 34 in the city and near 38 in the highway. Purchased a fully loaded one with all of whistles and bells (leather, navigation). We love this car, it is very comfortable, roomy and quiet. Took it for a 840 mile trip with 3 adults and a 7 month old in a car seat and everyone was comfortable. I have had luxury cars before BMW 740IL and the Q45 and this car has most of the finer features wish this car had a memory seat button and I wish the trunk would open with the keyless system like the doors. If you are looking for a good looking, affordable car with good MPG this is it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan in VA is:

$118 per month*