Used 2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (148 reviews )

Great car for the money!
By Steve

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Toyota Camry Hybrid (TCH) has a very smooth and quiet ride. You hardly hear the gas motor and the electric components are silent. On the freeway at under 70 MPH can average 38 to 40 MPG. Over 35 MPG in city driving too. Although it is not a Lexus, it is very close to the ES300. Very good deal for the money as a fully loaded TCH can be purchased for about $5000 to $6000 off MRSP.

The MPG is great! Best mileage for a car this size. Also, very quiet and refined interior with awesome navigation system.

Nice to have larger trunk--but otherwise no other improvements are needed.

This is my 2nd Camry Hybrid
By jools606

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just traded my 2007 Camry Hybrid for 2009 This is the first time that I have ever bought the same car twice and this is the 58th car that I have owned. I think that the build quality is excellent even better than the 2007 and it is quieter (maybe because the other one had plenty of miles on it). The Bluetooth works better on this one, too. The last one got 37 to 42 mpg and this seems to be about the same so I don't understand why one reviewer was getting 26- 28. I have several co-workers who have now bought either Prius or Camry Hybrids. Love this car.

Economy, economy, economy. I drive 20-25K miles a year and even now gas is down to $2.25/gal it still makes sense apart from 'doing the right thing'.

Why no fog lights? Trunk space could be improved - there must be a better way to position the batteries. The voice recognition is poor, which is frustrating when it misunderstands and you keep having to repeat suff

Smooth running...
By hybrid09

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very smooth operation and extremely quiet. Exceeds my expectations, although the ride is a bit soft, as expected for a Toyota. Well-satisfied to this point. Heve the GPS which is a useful and enjoyable option. Car has plenty of power and is well-built.

Hybrid powertrain provides smooth running and excellent gas mileage.

Ride could be firmer with less "float."

Very happy
By Mike

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I live in Minnesota and have had my Camry Hybrid during both a warm summer and a very cold snowy winter. I averaged 39-42 MPG during the summer and 28-34 MPG during the winter. One review from ORLY said he was only getting 26-28 MPG caused me to write this review. I can't even imagine how a person could get such low MPG numbers. I have the leather heated seats, they are very comfortable on a long drive. My only complaint is I get a faint noise through my drivers window when fully closed. The stereo with the bluetooth is fantastic both in sound and function. What ever gas prices are at the time the way I look at it I have cut the price of gas in half. This car has more room than my VolvoS80.

Comfort of seats. Stereo and bluetooth. Gas mileage.

None

Another Great Camry
By CNJ #4

2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my 5th Camry!!! 87,90,94,98,2009 I have put over 200k miles on each, kept at least for 9-10 years and still sold them for over $3k after that. Just replaced the 98 w 245k miles. This is unbelievable, great smooth ride, great mileage, ave 36-38. Lots of toys! I have had it 2 months and had no issues. This is a loaded w Nav, roof, leather etc... got a great deal $33k list paid $27,700! - darn right they are hurting bad to sell these cars below invoice. The kids love the Ipod plug, and video.. the Push button start is the coolest! Anyway just to be safe I took the 100k 6 yr no deductible warranty... the salesman said these ware made 100% in Japan...anyone know that to be true?

Nav, no key just push... virtually silent when in electric and very quiet in gas. Bluetooth pairs w 6 phones, lots of POI's... VERY SMOOTH RIDE!!!!!!

Need interior upgrade like on gas XLE or even nicer for the money. Small trunk, heated rear seats