2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Review: Love

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Review

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan

Love
By Katie Carpentier on

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I test drove both the Altima Hybrid and the Camry hybrid before buying. While I thought the Altima had better handling, the Camry won me over with its smooth ride, (I was going nearly 80 in a 55 and felt I still was going too slow, keep an eye out for this!) less noticeable transition between EV and gas mode, seemingly roomier trunk, and a million other things. I traded in my 07 Envoy for this, and I couldn't be happier! My first trip I got 46.3 mpg (mostly stop and go driving)! I'm now averaging about 36.5 mpg with mostly highway driving. I wish I'd discovered this car sooner.

The sunroof is QUIET when it's open! Every other car I've had with a sunroof I've had to max out the radio just to hear it. Seats are ridiculously comfortable (compared to my envoy). Smooth, quiet ride. Best of all, it's a Toyota!!! :)

I was initially a little peeved that the words on the cruise control stick didn't light up. Placement of the eco button is a little silly. Odd seat-heating cycle, it's really hot one minute, then the next minute the seat warmers just shut off. Also the sunglasses holder is very small.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review