Love
By Katie Carpentier on
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I test drove both the Altima Hybrid and the Camry hybrid before buying. While I thought the Altima had better handling, the Camry won me over with its smooth ride, (I was going nearly 80 in a 55 and felt I still was going too slow, keep an eye out for this!) less noticeable transition between EV and gas mode, seemingly roomier trunk, and a million other things. I traded in my 07 Envoy for this, and I couldn't be happier! My first trip I got 46.3 mpg (mostly stop and go driving)! I'm now averaging about 36.5 mpg with mostly highway driving. I wish I'd discovered this car sooner.
Favorite Features
The sunroof is QUIET when it's open! Every other car I've had with a sunroof I've had to max out the radio just to hear it. Seats are ridiculously comfortable (compared to my envoy). Smooth, quiet ride. Best of all, it's a Toyota!!! :)
Suggested Improvements
I was initially a little peeved that the words on the cruise control stick didn't light up. Placement of the eco button is a little silly. Odd seat-heating cycle, it's really hot one minute, then the next minute the seat warmers just shut off. Also the sunglasses holder is very small.