2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Lexus for the price of

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Lexus for the price of a Toyota
By sukhoixx on

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very very quiet and comfortable car. The ride is so fun, in the way that I am amused by not hearing the engine sound so much, and not feeling the road. I get to enjoy my CDs and watch the FE gauges. The car feels very stable as if driving a mini-tank, yet it is very responsive and fast. I don't know how quiet and comfortable Lexus can get, but after getting this car for $26.3k out the door, I don't think I'd wanna go for Lexus for $$$ more.

Favorite Features

Very quiet on the road. No wind noise. Very little road noise compared to previous Camry's. Ride is smooth even on bad highway pavements. Auto Sound Leveling produces powerful bass (sometimes too powerful) and adjusts sound to driving environment. I never need to touch my key with the Smart Key!

Suggested Improvements

The treble of the sound system is a bit too much, too crisp. Button to adjust side mirrors is badly placed. I prefer the handbrake over the footbrake. Trunk space was surprisingly small when I'm used to the spacious trunks in the past Camry's.