Used 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 73 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (73 reviews )

Love my new '08 Camry
By Remard C

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I needed to replace my 2000 Grand Am for daily travel to work. Because of the rising gas prices I wanted to look at a hybrid. I chose the 2008 Camry because of the incentives Toyota was offering, Toyota's reliability, and because I was really impressed with the design of the car (internal and external. I also have a 2 year old daughter and the Camry is one of the safest cars on the road. After driving the car for a couple weeks I know I made an excellent decision.

The car is extremely quiet. Its ride is very smooth. Most of all I love all the gadgets: built in bluetooth, all controls (phone, radio, climate control) available on steering wheel, etc.

Increased performance, but not at expense of engine efficiency.

Fun - Sporty - And all the comforts
By Gas Sipper

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Prior to buying this car we had 2 SUVs that we probably put 12 -15k per year on each, averaging 13 mpg. We bought this car to be a shared resource to offload mileage from both cars. THe goal: fun, sporty and comfortably seat our family (accomplished on all). We all love the car. Sitting in the back with 2 kids, I find it to be comfortable. THe car has plenty of zip. For us, the only bad thing is, we are a family of 6. So when we all need to ride (20% of the time), we need to hop back into the SUV.

The gas consumption screen does a great job at helping you figure out how to get the most output from your vehicle.

Lots of feature to access via the screen menu. Perhaps there is a way to make it more intuitive. But if the only problem is the car is too feature rich. Still a pretty good problem. Features are good.

Tiny Trunk!
By Dex

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Camry Hybrid is a good car, it's our second hybrid. Our first was the Prius. Sorry to have to make comparisons, but the trunk is the downfall on this car, everything else is very good. The Prius trunk is about 30-40% bigger and even though we bought the Camry as our family car, we find that we need to take the Prius on trips because the luggage would need to sit on our laps. Overall the car gets us 35 MPG and just marginally better than the 4 cylinder Camry that our friend owns. The trunk basically needs a one foot extention, don't understand why Toyota didn't do this? Anyway, if you are considering this car, you must factor in that it has a VERY small trunk.

Computer, confortable drive.

Trunk, trunk, and more trunk. Didn't think I had to mention that to one of the best car makers there is.

Great Gas Mileage & Smooth Ride
By HCW

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have home in city and country and drive between both homes and back and forth to multiple campuses of university. On some days I will averge 200 to 250 miles per day. Gas milage has averaged for the first 10,000 miles between 35 to 37 mpg. Would buy second one for next vehicle purchase.

Keyless entry and start, stereo with XM/CD and great sound system, navi, moonroof, heated seats and side mirrors, bluetooth and gas mileage rating at end of the trip.

Larger trunk space; backup camera/assist/warning system would be helpful; relocate the ECO switch next to gas filler switch.

Great Gas Mileage
By Dan P.

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I were looking to replace our 2000 Accord SE (122K miles) and with the continual rise in gas prices, we decided to think "green". Anyway, we decided to look at the Camry and Altima Hybrids. We decided to go with the technology leader, Toyota. I'm glad we did because the car drives great and we're getting a little over 37 MPG, not bad for a car with 350 miles on it. Thanks Toyota!!! The mileage should get a little better too!

We love the quiet ride, the technology screens (I especially love the gas mileage rating when you conclude a trip!), the navigation system and the JBL sound system. The gas mileage is the best!

Like everyone else, I wish the trunk was a little bigger. A small price to pay for a more environmentally friendly car.