2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (69 reviews )
More Than I Expected
By Commuter on 10/23/07 12:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm a long commuter (45 miles each way) used to an Acura and a Mercedes. The Camry surprised me with its performance and luxury. It is not quite up to my Acura in driving responsiveness, but pretty darn close, and so much more efficient. I had the dealer install an after-market woodgrain package that makes the car look as good as any luxury vehicle on the market. I highly recommend it. You will feel as if you are driving a luxury sedan on a compact budget. Two tanks so far averaging 37 miles per hour, and I usually set the cruise at 74 on the highway. I am impressed with the overall package.

Awesome Car
By Sean Thomas on 10/16/07 16:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The first Hybrid vehicle I was in was a Honda and what I didn't like about it was everytime we would stop the a/c would turn off or not work well. Well when I decided to move from an SUV to a car I didn't think I wanted a hybrid but was suprised when I sceduled a test drive. I drove the camry, camry hybrid, scion xb, prius and the civic hybrid. I liked the prius but it didn't come equiped with a sunroof. I also really liked the camry hybrid. It was a great car. I ordered my vehicle before leaving the lot and couldn't wait for my car to come in. I have now had the vehicle for close to 3 weeks and I am getting over 38 mpg. I do have to admit that my driving habits have changed.

Teaching Me How to Drive
By Connie on 10/14/07 15:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The beauty of the transition from gasoline to hybrid is the relationship between human and machine. Toyota engineers have created an intimate, auto-feedback system that reinforces "listening" to the car and reading the mpg rather than the speedometer. The Camry's gas pedal must be finest tuned gas pedal ever created. This car is designed to float, not drive. Accelerating up to speed as fast as possible and then backing off the gas pedal makes the mpg needle fall below 60 if you're in the 40-45 mph range. This is so satisfying! I love turning off the car and getting my props for having acheived 40 mpg! Camry hybrid is a wonderful ride and drive!

Love
By Katie Carpentier on 10/12/07 04:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I test drove both the Altima Hybrid and the Camry hybrid before buying. While I thought the Altima had better handling, the Camry won me over with its smooth ride, (I was going nearly 80 in a 55 and felt I still was going too slow, keep an eye out for this!) less noticeable transition between EV and gas mode, seemingly roomier trunk, and a million other things. I traded in my 07 Envoy for this, and I couldn't be happier! My first trip I got 46.3 mpg (mostly stop and go driving)! I'm now averaging about 36.5 mpg with mostly highway driving. I wish I'd discovered this car sooner.

Great Ride!
By Bret on 10/04/07 12:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have owned this vehicle for just two weeks now, but it was love at first drive. I am 6'5" and there is enough leg-room for me to sit in the back. We traded in our gas hog 4x4 SUV and do not feel cramped one bit. The car is fun to drive, great on gas (avg. mpg keeps going up, but we are regularly getting between 35 and 42 mpg). What more could you ask for?

Just outstanding
By Craig on 09/18/07 15:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have the fully loaded Camry Hybrid and it is incredible. At 37+ mpg, and with the large Colorado State tax credit this will actually save us a lot of money relative to a regular Camry (the federal alternative fuels website has a link to the state hybrid incentives -- be sure to check it out). The driving experience is amazing, once you get used to the pleasures of driving a Hybrid. Push button start, extreme quietness, and a full information displays regarding how the engine is operating (must be seen to be believed). And of course Toyota has packed this full of well designed features.

Like driving the Batmobile!
By Dr. M on 09/11/07 20:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The wonderful way I get to drive past the gas station way more often than I could in my 2005 Mustang GT is an enormous plus with this beautiful car, but the total package is a bigger plus. The interior is outstanding. The fit and finish is near-Lexus quality, and the ride is firm when it should be and soft when it should be. This is the car I have been waiting for! Handsome and frugal. I love this car!

Best Luxury Hybrid
By alexandalex on 08/17/07 23:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We did a lot of research and went to buy a Toyota Prius. But after driving the Prius I just didnt feel the comfort I was used to. So I drove the Hybrid Camry and fell in love! Extremely comfortable and the interior is just beautiful with the all leather package. The display screen is a big help and the hands free blue tooth with voice command makes driving much safer. I had the car for over two weeks before I had to fill the tank. I commute to work 30 miles each way plus around town driving. It's my main car and I love it!

Great Family Vehicle
By Starburst on 08/14/07 12:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We've put 5,000 miles on this vehicle in the last two months that we've owned it. We've averaged 38.3 mpg overall, and as high as 40.4 mpg. This is a fabulous family car. It handles well and is very, very quiet - it is almost disconcerting at stop lights as the gas engine shuts down. This particular vehicle is well optioned; the on-board nav system is easy to use, the leather seats are supportive and the build quality is typical Toyota. Having said that, I could have done with a bit less plastic in a car that is this close to the top of the Camry price range.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan in VA is:

$112 per month*