Used 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (70 reviews )

Wow
By Bhighet

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I thank my wife every day for letting me have this car. I was looking at an Audi A6 and S4 but the cost point was too much. I found this one on of a dealer's lot as the year previous demo. Great price for a great product. I love this car. I am averaging 35 - 38 MPG right now on a mix of highway and city driving, heavier traffic in my city during rush hour. I highly recommend this vehicle for those that want a classy edge with cost savings in mind.

MPG and getting the excellent rating. Leather and the nav are nice extras just have no clue how to use it.

Traffic flow info on the nav. Voice activation for full hands off control for all features.

A nice and practical ride!
By Karen in Florida

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my 2008 TCH with nav system for 4 months and have driven 5000 miles. My previous two vehicles were BMWs, and I made the tough decision to buy a more practical car with better fuel economy. Overall, I am happy with my decision!! I chose the loaded version, with leather seats, moonroof, nav system, bluetooth, and all other available upgrades. Feature-wise, this car is able to compete well with "premium" vehicles. Ride quality and quietness are excellent. Fuel economy is a big improvement over my previous vehicles. I have not yet modified my driving style, and get 30- 35 mpg in the city and 35-40 mpg on the highway (at 70-80mph). With a little effort, those can be improved further.

Fuel economy. Constant feedback on fuel economy / driving habits. Integrated satellite radio, auxiliary jack, navigation system, CD changer, bluetooth. Good factory sound system. Smart key system. Comfortable. Quiet ride.

Backup camera or parking assistance system. Larger trunk. Integrated iPod controls. Ventilated seats. Traffic info integrated into nav system (The last three are from my dream list, not actual necessities)

Best hybrid on the market for the money
By reddog lover

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first Camry and second Toyota. My wife and I are loving it. I travel apx 120 miles a day. I am currently avg 40 miles per gallon. This is great with the gas prices rising.

All of them!!!

The navigation system is not worth the money.

Can't go wrong!
By Jeff S.

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent everything! After more than 1 year, I still don't have a complaint! Go for the heated leather seats and the navigation!

Car switches to "electric" mode & recharges batteries automatically. Navi system is very helpful.

More horsepower would be great. However, I would rather have an AVERAGE of 38.5 mpg than the horses any day!

Top Drawer
By wacka10sball

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Nothing like waving at gas stations as you pass by in big-car comfort, style, safety and handling. I'm getting an average of 38-41 mpg and lovin' it. Don't accept the view that it's much cheaper to buy the equivalent "non-green" Camry XLE. That comparison may hold with other green, non-green car models, but not in this case; this is fact often overlooked. True, the trunk space is more limited, but the split rear seats go down, which helps. I'm pleased with my selection.

Handling, ride, interior and MPG (of course)

Break-away mirrors