2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (69 reviews )
Excellent Auto
By jcfrench on 03/24/08 15:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I thoroughly enjoy my Camry Hybrid. Local driving I am averaging about 35 mpg. Strictly interstate, about 42 mpg. Mixed interstate and state highways, I get 40 to 41 mpg. It is the first vehicle I have ever owned that gets better than estimated mpg. The 6 disc CD player adds greatly to the pleasure of driving this Camry.

2008 Camry Hybrid
By Big Bill on 03/23/08 15:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall, the 2008 Camry hybrid is a good car. Good performance. Smooth and quite, even at 80 MPH. Accelerates quickly when needed. Mine has enough gadgets to keep me occupied for years. It would be hard to go back to a regular car. Mileage is about as advertised - 33.1 thus far, with 40 MPG common when crusising at about 50 MPH. The hard sell by the dealer to buy the extended warranty because of potentially expensive repairs down the road made me a bit nervous. I didn't buy it, so I hope Toyota's reputation for quality meets my expectations.

Very Pleased
By 1948dave on 03/16/08 21:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded a Tacoma 4x4 @17+ mpg for this hybrid. I no longer need a truck and I couldn't be happier with the Camry Hybrid. It' been cold here, but I'm still averaging 36.5 mpg. I couldn't be happier.

My first Japanese car
By Steve Z on 03/15/08 04:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in my low-mileage, garage-kept 2003 Buick LeSabre Limited for the Camry Hybrid due to the fact that I drive in a mostly urban environment and out of fears of soaring gas prices. The trunk is much smaller than the Buick's, but I still have my minivan for the big stuff. My only complaint about the vehicle is the poor quality of interior materials which deliver their own 'symphony' of sounds until the cabin warms up. I expected better in a Toyota. Overall - I am happy with my purchase and would do it again.

The new age car
By Mayur Amin on 03/13/08 23:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this car two weeks ago. Love all the features and most of all the comfortable drive. I can say also with confidence that I will not be getting any more speeding tickets. The digital readout really is informative and key to getting good mileage. I would highly recommend this car. Added bonus compared to the Mercedes I had, lower operating cost, don't have to worry about the car being being damaged by flying debris on the road and resale value.

Outstanding midsize car for the $
By just do it on 03/13/08 08:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I needed something that gets great mpg and looked stylish enough to take to appointments in my job. It has leather, nav, and bluetooth. The interior is way roomier than the M35 I had previously. I actually like this nav better. This car is perfect for what it offers relative to the price. It looks classy and is more comfortable to drive than my m35 was.

Navigation Disaster
By navdisappointment on 02/17/08 16:30 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased my '08 Camry Hybrid in late '07. Previously drove a Honda Pilot with nav. Cannot live without the navigation, would not consider any car without it. The 2008 toyota camry hybrid navigation system is completely useless. There is NO ability to program or reprogram the navigation system unless fully stopped. Old models had overrides, but no more! This dirty secret will soon be well known and poof goes any value for the nav on re-sale, which by the way for me will be within two years. This is a huge problem and not how the majority of these systems work.

First Toyota after 6 Honda
By dmoose on 02/12/08 23:11 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After looking at cars and trucks I decided to take the plunge with a Hybrid. I drive typically 45 miles one way to work and needed something to help with the cost with gas. After leaving a V6 03 Accord, I love the Camry. It has enough power for me and I cannot believe all the bells and whistles it comes with as standard. If you can spare the extra $ I would recommend the nav to experience the extra input on gas miles. Also love the quiet ride when the engine has not picked up yet, but even as it kicks in it is very quiet. Driving in Cleveland with cold weather (below 32 last week), so waiting for MPG to go up... getting around 33. Best was 38 MPG.

Nice!
By dbiggins on 02/05/08 19:14 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I chose this car over a Volvo S60 and am very happy. For the cost everything comes with the Camry - sunroof, leather and navigation were the options I selected. My other vehicle is a pick up that gets 16 mpg and week to date the Camry is at 31 mpg. The transition between gas and electric is mildly noticeable - I haven't experienced any sort of shudder. The car is very quiet inside and out at highway speeds. I am comparing to a lifted 4x4 truck so anything would seem quite but this is almost surreal. The navigation seems a little tedious with a large menu of options but balance with the 440 watt sound system I am more than pleased. Overall, I am pleased with my first Toyota.

Great car - Toyota hits a homerun again
By thomasw828 on 01/03/08 04:54 AM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought car on 12/26. Love the vehicle, nav system, and great sound system. Left a 05 Lexus Es330 for this and am very satisfied. first mileage is over 38 mpg, still learning the tricks.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.