2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Review: 4 Years And Still Going

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Review

4 Years And Still Going
By ucsb73 on

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased this vehicle in Oct. 2007 and it continues to perform. It has had a couple of minor issues that were covered under warranty - water pump leak - that I didn't even notice. I don't put on a ton of miles (37K) and my driving is best described as mixed. I continue to get a year-round average of 37 mpg. The winter and wet weather of the Pacific Northwest slows the vehicle down as it fights elements, otherwise, I'd say one could average closer to 39 mpg of mixed city/hwy driving. I paid $30K + taxes - about $2-3K more than V6 Camry with same features - leather, Bluetooth, navigation, power seats, sunroof, & heated mirrors. A solid car - comfortable and quiet.

Favorite Features

Fuel/environmental efficiency, leather, Bluetooth, sunroof, integrated garage door opener, driving on curves. Initially thought it didn't hold curves as well due to wider turning circle but have to say that it's a solid feel when driving around curves.

Suggested Improvements

Tighter turning radius; improve paint or painting process; bucket seats need more sculpting to fit backs better.