2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (69 reviews )
Wow
By Bhighet on 05/30/08 11:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I thank my wife every day for letting me have this car. I was looking at an Audi A6 and S4 but the cost point was too much. I found this one on of a dealer's lot as the year previous demo. Great price for a great product. I love this car. I am averaging 35 - 38 MPG right now on a mix of highway and city driving, heavier traffic in my city during rush hour. I highly recommend this vehicle for those that want a classy edge with cost savings in mind.

A nice and practical ride!
By Karen in Florida on 05/17/08 11:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my 2008 TCH with nav system for 4 months and have driven 5000 miles. My previous two vehicles were BMWs, and I made the tough decision to buy a more practical car with better fuel economy. Overall, I am happy with my decision!! I chose the loaded version, with leather seats, moonroof, nav system, bluetooth, and all other available upgrades. Feature-wise, this car is able to compete well with "premium" vehicles. Ride quality and quietness are excellent. Fuel economy is a big improvement over my previous vehicles. I have not yet modified my driving style, and get 30- 35 mpg in the city and 35-40 mpg on the highway (at 70-80mph). With a little effort, those can be improved further.

Best hybrid on the market for the money
By reddog lover on 05/16/08 13:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first Camry and second Toyota. My wife and I are loving it. I travel apx 120 miles a day. I am currently avg 40 miles per gallon. This is great with the gas prices rising.

Can't go wrong!
By Jeff S. on 05/15/08 12:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent everything! After more than 1 year, I still don't have a complaint! Go for the heated leather seats and the navigation!

Top Drawer
By wacka10sball on 05/14/08 07:17 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Nothing like waving at gas stations as you pass by in big-car comfort, style, safety and handling. I'm getting an average of 38-41 mpg and lovin' it. Don't accept the view that it's much cheaper to buy the equivalent "non-green" Camry XLE. That comparison may hold with other green, non-green car models, but not in this case; this is fact often overlooked. True, the trunk space is more limited, but the split rear seats go down, which helps. I'm pleased with my selection.

Fun Car
By Hybrid Believer on 05/13/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car! Fun to drive and very quiet. Average daily mpg 40-41 rural/urban roads and 41-43.8 mpg interstates(soft foot driving). Love all the screens available on nav., Bluetooth & ECO screens. Comfortable for both 6'3"and 5'1" bodies with the power seats and adjustable steering wheel positions. Great dual climate controls and sound system for CDs and easy iPod connection.

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
By Happy driver on 05/04/08 13:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After reading all the web reports on the hybrids, we test drove each and bought the Camry Hybrid this February. It is so quiet that you can listen to classical music and hear it as you would in your living room. Our fuel economy has varied from 36.8 mpg in the bitter cold and covered with snow to 43.6 mpg last week on a 900+ mile trip. Daily avg. 40-41 mpg.

45.2 Mpg last tank
By phil56000 on 05/03/08 21:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We have owned our Camry Hybrid for just over 4 months and have put 14000 on it. Mpg started at 35 mpg and last 2 tanks were 41.2 and 45.2 thats 448 miles on 9.9 gals. It really teaches you how to get better mileage. The ride is luxurious and the heated seats relax you on long trips. Power is very good. I have added a spoiler (dealer installed) and a K&N filter which have improved mpg. I have tried more often keeping my foot out of it which has rewarded me with extra mpg. We love this car!!

Awesome mileage
By KBO on 04/30/08 13:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Decided to buy a hybrid and started by looking at the Honda Civic and Toyota Prius. Was not even aware at the time that Camry came in a hybrid. Test drove all three and the Camry was a winner in all aspects except the mileage. I decided to give up a little mileage for the comfort and ride. However to my surprise my mileage has been much higher than I expected. My first tank of gas I averaged 40.5 MPG and my second tank averaged 43.5 MPG. I live in a relatively flat area and I don't drive the car hard. If you put your foot into it a lot you will not get any where near this gas mileage. Bottom line is I love the car and would recommend it to any one.

I love it!
By Raina B on 04/26/08 09:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Very smooth and quiet ride! On my first tank of gas I got 37.2 miles to the gallon. I'm glad I chose the Camry Hybrid!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.