2008 Camry Hybrid
By Big Bill on
2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Overall, the 2008 Camry hybrid is a good car. Good performance. Smooth and quite, even at 80 MPH. Accelerates quickly when needed. Mine has enough gadgets to keep me occupied for years. It would be hard to go back to a regular car. Mileage is about as advertised - 33.1 thus far, with 40 MPG common when crusising at about 50 MPH. The hard sell by the dealer to buy the extended warranty because of potentially expensive repairs down the road made me a bit nervous. I didn't buy it, so I hope Toyota's reputation for quality meets my expectations.
Favorite Features
Throttle by wire, hybrid technology. The Camry hybrid really is a very sophisticated car. Mine has all the gadgets Toyota offers. Being a pilot, I find I enjoy reading all the manuals which offer a lot of detail about the Camry's features.
Suggested Improvements
I'm a big guy and the seat cushion needs better support and more padding. Projector lights don't illumniate turns, making it easy to hit a curb or ditch at night. Brakes tend to grab as car slows below 5 MPH. A minor rattle (oil-canning) possibly due to a non-stiffened door pannel.