2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (69 reviews )
heated seats?
By pabrocb on 01/09/09 15:05 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I retired early. When I worked I drove 100 miles a day. We put an additional 10K miles on this car in a year. I think everyone in the family takes it to save gas. Other car is a BMW 330 convertible, my last car was a Passat Wagon all wheel drive.

Good Car, but Not Great
By Steve in Houston on 11/16/08 21:36 PM (PST)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall, my 2008 Camry Hybrid is a good car, but it has been in the shop three times for minor issues. First, it was a defective gas cap, then it was a defective seat belt latch, next it was a defective power window button. The dealer needed to keep the car over night once and I was expected to rent a car! I was not happy.

Great Car
By Kenny on 10/26/08 09:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Hybrid since Feb 08. I love it the gas mileage it is great. Around town I get around 36 mpg. We have went on 3 family trips the average trip was about 6 hour driving time. We got up to 44 mpg. The only thing I am disappointed with is the navigation system it is not user friendly at all. We had a Nissan before it was a lot easier to use.

Solid Vehicle - Great Mileage
By MukMan on 10/25/08 20:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this a year ago. Already owned Escape hybrid. Mileage is much better than advertised in mixed driving. Car has full package with leather, heated seats, sunroof, Bluetooth, nav, etc. Nav not as user friendly to program as the 2002 Acura TL it replaced. Drives a little more bloated around curves like my 93 Taurus SHO, but a very quiet, solid ride. In the summer months, 50-50 driving will net 39-40 mpg; cooler fall and winter 36 mpg; minor flaws are that the tire pressure maintenance sensor went goofy and some brake noise that Toyota will take care of. However, for a $30K car, loaded package, it's well worth it over Prius. This is the best eco friendly sedan.

Beware of Body Integrity
By zachsgah on 09/03/08 12:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had my Toyota for 8 months and the paint is chipping . Dealer won't do anything about it. It's up to the Toyota rep. Also, I am very disappointed in the mpg. I'm lucky if I get 32 mpg and I drive more than the speed limit. Since the mileage was the main reason for purchasing the vehicle, I'm sorry I bought it. The ride isn't the greatest, but I can live with it. I can't live with a vehicle that is 8 months old that has paint issues nor the mpg for a hybrid.

2008 Camry Hybrid
By Jeff on 07/16/08 20:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Great car and looks slick. The biggest beef with the car is the trunk and the lack of a big pass thru due to the batteries blocking the opening. The GPS is ok, many off the shelf Garmins or TomToms perform better, but it has definitely improved over previous versions of Toyota's GPS. It handles fine, its not a sports car for sure, but for basic driving its great, and for long trips it is very comfortable when compared to my old mustang. Rear seating room is good, even with normal size people in the front seats. Plenty of places to throw things with pockets all over

The car to Buy
By Beth on 07/09/08 17:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded an '06 Camry for this '07 hybrid and have never beey sorry. It started in the coldest of weather and even though I commute round trip 100 miles per day (i.e., mostly interstate driving), I rarely get less than 46 mpg highway and have many times reached 65-78 mpg in city driving (my hubby once got a tank avg. reading of 95 mpg in the city). Coupled with Toyota's now-notorious reliability, ahh. I'll never, never, NEVER back to so-called domestic makes after this experience. I've got my cell phone blue-toothed so I can have hands-free conversations, love the car's "smart key" also.

Great car and mileage
By Seajack on 07/07/08 22:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My son bought a Prius and loved it, but my wife needed a car that sat up higher and felt larger. The Camry was perfect, and we've loved it. Quiet, smooth, and the long trips we've taken have been very economical. Great deal.

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid
By Jerry G on 06/25/08 19:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had a 2002 Avalon and was thinking of buying a new 2008 when I looked at the Camry Hybrid. The trunk is the only really comedown, after owning one for 3 months now, it's the best car I have ever had. Quiet, roomy & comfortable, stylist, 37-40 mpg, and a lot of creature comforts. You won't be disappointed.

Wow
By Bhighet on 05/30/08 11:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I thank my wife every day for letting me have this car. I was looking at an Audi A6 and S4 but the cost point was too much. I found this one on of a dealer's lot as the year previous demo. Great price for a great product. I love this car. I am averaging 35 - 38 MPG right now on a mix of highway and city driving, heavier traffic in my city during rush hour. I highly recommend this vehicle for those that want a classy edge with cost savings in mind.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Toyota Camry Hybrid in VA is:

$112 per month*