My Travelling Office
By samfatboy on
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I work in outside sales and drive 30-35,000 miles per year. I have 73,000 miles on my 2007 Camry Hybrid. This is my third Toyota car and in over 350,000 miles of driving them, the only non-regular maintenance replacement was a water pump on my 2000 Camry at 142,000 miles. My son still has that car with 176,000 miles on it. I love my Camry Hybrid. I don't know about other reports about tires. Mine came with lifetime free tires and oil change. They just put on new tires at 72,000 miles. The old ones had just hit the wear markers. My only complaint would be that the ride is a little mushy. At this point I prefer comfort to racing performance, and this car is very comfortable.
Favorite Features
The sound system rocks. I also love the keyless entry. People are still amazed that I never take the key from my pocket.
By samfatboy
on 09/21/14 05:30 AM (PDT)

200,000 MILE FOLLOW UP REVIEW I now have 202,000 miles on my 07 Camry Hybrid. There was a steering column recall that was taken care of during one of my oil changes, and I replaced the spark plugs at 125k miles. I have replaced the front and rear brake pads at 150k but both still had about 30% wear left. I also replaced the front brake rotors because there was a very slight modulation under heavy braking. As mentioned in my first post, the car came with free oil and tires for life. The poor dealer has lost money on me because nothing has gone wrong with this car -- absolutely nothing. I just replaced the shocks and struts (on my own for $400.00) at 200,000 miles and now the car drives just the way it did when I drove it new off the dealer lot. There are no rattles, no squeeks, clunks or any of the usual noises you would expect from a car with 200k miles on it. I still get right around 34.5 mpg, down just a hair from 35 when new. There is still plenty of power boost from the electric motor, and the gas engine runs like it was brand new. I still drive 25,000 miles per year for work, and put this car through a daily combination of highway and city driving. It gets driven pretty hard since I am often rushing from one appointment to another. I get a car allowance and a mileage reimbursement, and the car literally pays me to drive it. Aside from possibly getting a classic sport car, I will never go back to a regular internal combustion engine car. I have 200,000 miles on this car and it looks and feels brand new. My customers often comment that it must not have very many miles on it, and are always surprised when I tell them it has more than 200k. I plan to keep it for at least another 100k, and will put my savings toward buying a Tesla, since I think electric is the way to go for the future. If Toyota offers a full electric, I would probably go with them since I know the quality will be there.