Happy owner in Texas
By Happy Owner on
2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I really like this car and it's the nicest car I've ever owned. It's very comfortable and very quiet and I can really relax in it. Excellent sound system too. Of course one of the main reasons I bought it was that it is a hybrid. A little over a year ago my wife and I passed a gas station sign (in our conventional Toyotas at the time) and the price of gas had headed well over $3.00 and we looked at each other and decided to look at hybrids. I ended up buying the Camry hybrid and she bought a Prius. Boy are we glad that we bought the cars with gas hovering around $4.00/gallon now!! We plan to keep the cars for as long as possible and we believe that in the end it will save us money.
Favorite Features
My favorite features: hybrid engine; engine usually shuts off when I come to a stop or am driving slower than 40 mph; CVT (very smooth); quietness of cabin; feeling that I'm doing something for the environment; automatic climate control; ride; fuel eco.; steering wheel controls; Toyota!
Suggested Improvements
Would be nice to have a bigger trunk, but I'm willing to live with it since the car's a hybrid. There's a slight "hesitation" every time the car comes to a complete stop that may be related to the transmission or the cessation of the gas engine. I'm not sure what it is, but it's barely noticeable.