2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Review: Electrical UNSAFE

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Electrical UNSAFE
By nikkifit1 on

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my car new from IRA in Tewksbury. It has had electrical issues since the first week that have progressed into safety issues (brakes lock up and cannot stop). It has been in service uncountable times and even corporate engineers can't figure out the problem. I have been lied to in order to be appeased and I was too trusting. Now, they won't buy me out of my car or trade me into something safe. I cannot put my 8 month old son in this car. I picked up my car after the second time they tried to fix after losing brakes and after an hour, i lost them again. IRA nor corporate office are doing what's right. they admit there are other cars but do not recall. Toyota downhill!

Good on gas. comfortable

Need to understand technology better. Acceleration is unpredictable and dangerous when pulling onto main roads and short on-ramps on highways due to unpredictability of engine kicking in.
By jooles68
on 02/19/12 22:32 PM (PST)

Out of curitosity, how are you alive? You claim the brakes have gone out on you three times, yet you are still alive. Is the safety of the car's body the type of quality in which your brakes can fail three separate times and you still survive? I can only imagine what shape your car must be in after losing the brakes at least three times. It's amazing it still drives.