Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (240 reviews )

Mileage & Paint
By LAW

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my Barcelona Red Metallic TCH, however, the paint leaves much to be desired. It seems to chip down to the bare metal with the slightest touch. This is my 3rd Toyota and never had this problem before. My mileage started at 40 mph/hwy and 27/city. After 9000 miles, it is now 37/hwy and 23/city. I don't like the fact it's getting lower. I thought once a car was broken in, the mileage would get better.

Color, gas mileage (as long as it doesn't go lower), looks. My 3rd Toyota and I've loved them all.

Improve paint, trunk space.

One year review, 50th anniv. edition
By Brant

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had our TCH for 1 year and 15k miles. Live in hilly area in New England. 400+ mile trip to Lake George and back got 36 mpg at 73 mph with cruise. Low 30s in city driving. High 20s in winter when fuel blend change kicks in. Car is driven normally, not always trying to extract maximum mpg. Happy with our purchase though the interior is not up to typical Toyota standards. Car has been spot on reliable. No rattles or squeaks or bumper issues. OEM tires are awful and will be replaced by winter. Bought 50th anniversary edition and the car is loaded and sharp. Though a little disappointed at first (I am a car guy), I am now sold on this car.

Gas mileage plain and simple. If not for that would have considered and probably bought another car in the $30K price range. The Camry LE I had as a loaner car was positively uninspiring. The 50th anniversary edition really helps spruce up the car.

Put cruise control buttons on steering wheel. Higher quality interior materials, especially on a car at this price point. Ditto the tires - Bridgestone turanzas on this car? Come on. These are some of the worst tires made.

Love that 40 mpg
By Candy Ammons

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

In California I drove in more stop and go traffic and my mileage was 37 mpg on trips 40. Now living in Northwest and mpg has been 40 all the time until they just changed to the summer gas mixture. I have lost 1 to 2 mpg. A relative owns a 2005 Prius and she loses 2 mpg each summer also in Calif driving. It does not handle well in the snow if there is ice the traction control kicks in as soon as you start to slip so you can't use the gas to try and get out of it. It will need snow tires this next summer.

MPG and very fast pickup when entering freeways.

Less expensive winter tire and rim options that is the only reason performance is a 9.

Happy owner in Texas
By Happy Owner

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like this car and it's the nicest car I've ever owned. It's very comfortable and very quiet and I can really relax in it. Excellent sound system too. Of course one of the main reasons I bought it was that it is a hybrid. A little over a year ago my wife and I passed a gas station sign (in our conventional Toyotas at the time) and the price of gas had headed well over $3.00 and we looked at each other and decided to look at hybrids. I ended up buying the Camry hybrid and she bought a Prius. Boy are we glad that we bought the cars with gas hovering around $4.00/gallon now!! We plan to keep the cars for as long as possible and we believe that in the end it will save us money.

My favorite features: hybrid engine; engine usually shuts off when I come to a stop or am driving slower than 40 mph; CVT (very smooth); quietness of cabin; feeling that I'm doing something for the environment; automatic climate control; ride; fuel eco.; steering wheel controls; Toyota!

Would be nice to have a bigger trunk, but I'm willing to live with it since the car's a hybrid. There's a slight "hesitation" every time the car comes to a complete stop that may be related to the transmission or the cessation of the gas engine. I'm not sure what it is, but it's barely noticeable.

My experience with a hybrid
By jack hutchinson

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Exceptionally fun car to drive. Extremely good gas mileage from 38 to 43 mpg on the road. Approximately 90% of the mileage on this car was highway miles. Has extended 100 thousand mile warranty on the vehicle and tires.