2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (238 reviews )
Plush economy
By buzz127 on 08/12/07 05:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned this TCH for 11 months and have nothing but praise for it and its features. After struggling with the owner's manual for the first week (running out to the garage at 1 am to try a new found gadget), my wife and I now use every gadget in the auto. Our gas mileage has been less around town than advertised, however, on a trip, with the cruise, we average 42. I drive as I always do and have not changed my habits to get a few more m/p/g. We are having a slight problem with the bluetooth, however, I don't know if it is my phone or the car system. This car is a dream to drive and own. I would like memory seats and 2 setting seat heaters (they get mighty hot). Nav system is great.

A great car!
By Grandpa on 08/08/07 17:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We just purchased a Hybrid Camry. We want to use the car on the long trips to our daughter's. We just took the car on a 750 mile trip out west. The car performed great. We used 17 gallons of gas. We drove the speed limit 70 miles per hour on the interstate and other posted limits in towns, etc. The car was loaded with luggage and gifts for our family. I was amazed at the mileage going out, so I was even more careful to note amount of gas used and miles coming back. Sure enough we drove the 750 miles on 17 gallons coming back.

Best Car I've Ever Bought
By talmy on 07/27/07 19:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We've only had it a week but have put it through its paces in everything from city traffic jams to winding mountain roads and got 38 mpg on the first tank. Contrary to the EPA figures, it does better on the open road (at least with the lower speed limits around here) than in city driving. Extremely quiet and smooth operation. You can tell when the gas engine starts, but it is smoother than an auto transmission shift.

Great cruiser.
By RDavis on 07/25/07 12:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

To and from work, to and from work. This is what I bought this vehicle for. I wanted comfort, convenience, advanced tech (MP3, iPod port, etc), better mileage. I got them all in this car. I had a Lexus ES. I prefer this vehicle. This will be our touring car as well. I've gotten over 40 MPG on flat freeways and 35-37 MPG on my daily route because there are a lot of hills. I consider this excellent! I've had it for about a month and I think it's well worth every penny.

Simple to operate, fun to drive!
By Terry on 07/21/07 17:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Be assured that the Camry Hybrid is simple to operate, don't worry about getting used to it. Once you own one of these (or the Prius), you will not want to go back to a non-hybrid. They use twice the fuel and are not going to have the resale of a hybrid. I love the door opener and combined with the starter button, what could be better? Recently, I had to rent a car and the only one that was available was a Chevrolet. It's an OK car, but I am glad the trip is over, so I can get back behind the wheel of my Camry Hybrid. At times, I rent cars for long trips so I don't pile up so many miles on my Camry. Long story short, get a demo, buy one, start saving gas money!!

Best Car ever Bought
By NM on 07/17/07 21:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had this car for three weeks now. I went from putting about $140 in gas a week to $35 every two weeks. It has a sleek design and very roomy. The only thing I would change is the location of the ECO button. It is fun to drive. Not as roomy as a minivan but more roomy than other cars in the same price range. It is put together better then the Honda, Nissan and priced less. I had MR2 many years ago (with many, many problems) and this is the first Toyota since.

Loving the TCH
By mjw71772 on 07/15/07 19:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I hear mixed reviews about this car, but I will say I love it without question. Some features could use minor work but all in all this is the best car I have ever driven. I think it beats out my wife's Lexus IS 250. I get great gas mileage plus a good handling, nice looking ride - it is like the best of both worlds. I just can't wait to get back to some flat terrain to get my MPG higher than the 38-40 I am getting now.

The Camry Hybrid Is Awesome!
By cookeja24 on 07/11/07 14:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the car in Williamsburg VA and drove it 1,000 miles home to FL. I became a huge fan within the first 20 miles. I test drove several in the local area that didn't have the color and options I wanted so traveling to get it wasn't a problem, especially when it got 41 MPG on the highway on it's first trip! I couldn't get over how quiet the interior is and how comfortable the car is to drive. There isn't a car on the road that has the quality and the gas mileage of this car. I'm hooked on my Toyota and I have my wife hooked too! Buy now!

The best Camry to date!
By J.Bossmin on 07/02/07 08:09 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We all know about the Camry - we know how reliable it is, we know that it is the best overall value, etc. What happens when you add hybrid to the mix? You have perfection! Very safe, very quiet, adequate room for 4-5 people, adequate power, excellent amenities, fun to drive! A must buy for anyone who wants to be "eco-friendly" and not standout in a crowd.

50th Anniversary Edition Camry Hybrid
By Nancy C on 06/30/07 08:02 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If having second thoughts about buying, go buy it now! Won't regret it. Love the acceleration, has as much kick as my previous Mercedes C-320. Currently doing about 35 mpg in the city, have done as much as 38; on the highway you can get 38+ if cruising, all depends how you drive. I have a heavy foot. Word of advice, had to get the 50th Anniversary Edition to get the elegant interior I wanted. Regular model looks cheap inside, too much plastic trim, shame on you Toyota! Navigation system, bluetooth, audio, voice recognition, smart key, etc., are fabulous. I love my car! If considering a Lexus ES as I was, this Camry edition has it all + gas savings.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.