Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (238 reviews )

Further update
By Brant

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After 18,000 miles still very happy with this car. A recent trip to PA from CT with cruise set at 75, 4 people on board, and A/C set on economy, got 36-37 mpg. When filling the tank afterward, my own calculation was closer to 38. My wife had a bumper issue backing out of a space and clipping an SUV so yes the bumpers are suspect - it looked like someone pushed a basketball about half way into the front bumper corner. I took off the plastic shroud underneath and wedged a crow bar up there and popped the dent back out. No damage to the paint and only a slight crease left at point of impact. Just saved a big repair bill at the bodyshop!

Favorite Features

Mileage, quietness, nav system

Suggested Improvements

Bumpers. Cruise control varies too much once set. Tires wear quickly.

Best care I ever drove
By P Van Allen

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I didn't plan to buy a car that day in August 2006 in Dublin, California. I just wanted to look at a Prius. There sat a gorgeous Jasper green Camry Hybrid. "Camry hybrid? Wow!" I thought. It was larger than the Prius, and about the same price comparably equipped. I have been getting 40 MPG, both city and hwy, pretty consistently since I drove it off the lot. Some gas, like Shell, doesn't go as far. I think some of these people kvetching in these other reviews just didn't bother to learn how to drive a hybrid. It is an art!

Favorite Features

Gorgeous green color, smooth ride, fast acceleration, electronic key, plenty of trunk space compared to my convertible, comfortable seat, lots of air bags.

Suggested Improvements

The cruise control sticks and doesn't disengage easily when I step on the brake. The dealer insists there's nothing wrong. I think their big man feet are just not as delicate as my little lady feet, and they stomp on the brake rather than touching it like you are supposed to.

Gas mileage dropping
By G. Evans

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When I first bought my Camry, I was happy with my 37.5 mpg. After about 5000 miles the mileage dropped to 33 mpg and at 15000 miles I am only getting 29.7 mpg. I have complained to the dealership three times to no avail. They say they have put it on "the machine" and there is no problem with the vehicle. The service people continue to tell me that it must be the way I drive. I am distressed that I paid more for a hybrid and got way less trunk room and only get the same gas mileage as my previous Camrys. There has to be something wrong for this to be happening!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the gas mileage problem.

Mileage & Paint
By LAW

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my Barcelona Red Metallic TCH, however, the paint leaves much to be desired. It seems to chip down to the bare metal with the slightest touch. This is my 3rd Toyota and never had this problem before. My mileage started at 40 mph/hwy and 27/city. After 9000 miles, it is now 37/hwy and 23/city. I don't like the fact it's getting lower. I thought once a car was broken in, the mileage would get better.

Favorite Features

Color, gas mileage (as long as it doesn't go lower), looks. My 3rd Toyota and I've loved them all.

Suggested Improvements

Improve paint, trunk space.

One year review, 50th anniv. edition
By Brant

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had our TCH for 1 year and 15k miles. Live in hilly area in New England. 400+ mile trip to Lake George and back got 36 mpg at 73 mph with cruise. Low 30s in city driving. High 20s in winter when fuel blend change kicks in. Car is driven normally, not always trying to extract maximum mpg. Happy with our purchase though the interior is not up to typical Toyota standards. Car has been spot on reliable. No rattles or squeaks or bumper issues. OEM tires are awful and will be replaced by winter. Bought 50th anniversary edition and the car is loaded and sharp. Though a little disappointed at first (I am a car guy), I am now sold on this car.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage plain and simple. If not for that would have considered and probably bought another car in the $30K price range. The Camry LE I had as a loaner car was positively uninspiring. The 50th anniversary edition really helps spruce up the car.

Suggested Improvements

Put cruise control buttons on steering wheel. Higher quality interior materials, especially on a car at this price point. Ditto the tires - Bridgestone turanzas on this car? Come on. These are some of the worst tires made.