2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (238 reviews )
Transition from performance to economy
By DB1947 on 10/26/07 06:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Replaced a 2002 Acura TL Type S, went from fast driving to a more relaxed pace. Hybrid has made this transition easy. While responsiveness and acceleration is less, overall performance is on par. I drive a little slower, don't take the passing lane as often, but end up arriving in the same amount of time, but feeling more relaxed and having used way less gas. I still routinely hit 80 MPH, but try to keep it lower, while averaging about 38-39 MPG. Interior is comfortable and very quiet. Handling is a little soft, but adequate. No major complaints: steering wheel is too narrow and hard to grip for long periods, rear visibility is difficult, brake pedal angle is to high.

Excellent Car
By wittrup on 09/29/07 10:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've owned my Camry Hybrid for 15 months. It is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned. It is so quiet, handles great, roomy passenger space and not a single complaint. I have made 3 trips from Corvallis, OR to Bozeman, MT averaging 39-41 mpg, which includes drives thru mountain passes and typical speeds of 75 mph, 3 people in the car and loaded with baggage. In my first year, I have saved $800 in gas compared to my previous car (1997 Volvo wagon) in just the first year. Overall, I am getting about 37.5 mpg. In winter weather, the mileage drops within the city to about 34-35 mpg. The Camry Hybrid has plenty of power and acceleration. I easily pass cars going up steep hills.

Fussy driver has little to complain of
By G Carter on 09/26/07 22:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I usually burn less than 6l/100km, sometimes as little as 5.2l/100km on a weekend trip. Excellent fuel economy. It is not slow, it has plenty of acceleration. The ride is very smooth but I would prefer it be firmer to improve steering responsiveness. The fact there are no gear changes adds to the smoothness of the ride. Moving off when the light turns green is not noticeably different than other cars with an automatic transmission, even if the engine was not running during the red light. Plenty of room, comfortable for four adults, no bad seats in the house. In the first year of use, I have had no problems to report except my wife could let me drive it more often.

Easy To Love
By Camry To Prius on 09/20/07 08:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Now nearly a whole model year old, this TCH is still our favorite. Gas mileage is almost too good - mixed city/highway driving yields high 30s to very low 40s. If you set the cruise control for 60 mph on the highway, expect to be rewarded with 42-43 mpg. (OK, you will get passed a lot.) The car has comfort, well laid out dash and controls. It fits us in all respects except for the arm rests. Our experience suggests buyers duck the GPS option. We found a good after market GPS superior as it is both more accurate and easily moved between family cars. While we appreciate the performance, it does get on to the interstate system easily, but the TCH is no "muscle car" either.

Best car ever
By gabe on 09/08/07 16:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hands down the best car I have ever owned. I wouldn't trade it for anything on the market right now. This is the smoothest, best-looking and unbelievable car out right now. I can't believe Toyota has gotten this good. If you want a car that knows how you drive and tells you how to improve it then look no further. Wow.. unbelievable! This car is the real deal for 2007. I got sick of hearing all about technology that is coming soon. What I needed was that right now. I get 37 mpg average right now. A little bit of the window sticker but I can handle that. Everyone should rush to Toyota and drive this before they decide to buy anything else.

Good buy
By Chris E on 09/02/07 20:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a really solid car. I consistently get 37 mpg and have had no problems with it so far. The interior finishes are a little spotty for a Toyota (seat material mars easily, hard plastics scratch easily, a couple of small rattles). Plenty of power. Overall, Toyota did a nice job.

50th Anniversary Edition
By Shawn Hook on 08/20/07 15:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just retired and wanted a full size car with excellent mileage. Camry hybrid is the definitive. Chose the 50th anniversary edition because we wanted something unique. It also had all the features we were looking for such as GPS, leather ans extra sound reduction. 1st 1,000 miles MPG averaged 34 MPG... 33 in town and 39 highway. 35 MPG overall is very reasonable. There are several features available to help you learn to maximise MPG and I find the consumption screen most helpful. Using this screen you quickly visualize your driving habits and what is needed for MPG improvement. We have had many prople stop us in parking lots to ask about the hybrid features and comment on the car.

2007 Camry very nice
By Lorenzo on 08/17/07 21:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm getting 40 mpg ave. on freeway and street driving. You have to use common sense too to save gas. If you're going downhill try to keep your foot off the gas pedal. Uphill, try if you can to use cruise control to 65-70mph and let the onboard computer regulate the gas - this will recharge the battery greatly. Cruise control is not recommended for those with poor reflex.

Nearing perfection
By Scott on 08/17/07 10:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the car for commuting about 120 miles per day. The car has performed flawlessly. It has consistently gotten about 37 MPG driving at 70 to 80 MPH up down a mountain pass (climb is about 2500 feet). The car has surprising power (passing on the mountain uphills is no problem). The car is fun to drive and handles well. And, it constantly reminds you to conserve in driving by having an "MPG" gauge instead of an RPM gauge and by having the dash board display a deeper blue the better you are with gas. If you want a car that is comfortable and fun, gives great gas mileage, has room for more than one person, has plenty of power, chose this one.

Great
By Sandy on 08/12/07 16:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm averaging 34 mpg and enjoying all the advantages of Camry reliability and comfortable driving for the model's long life. Get 40-41 on the highway and find that town driving depends on how heavy my foot is.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.