Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (242 reviews )

Awesome car
By antonio

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the 50th anniversary edition. It's equipped like a Lexus. I get 36 mpg and it has plenty of power. I have no regrets. I can't think of a car I would rather have for the price. We recently went on a road trip because it's a hybrid. My brother thought it didn't have passing power. (I know this is out of line) we hit 120 mph in no time. This thing moves.

Very reliable, great mileage
By jh

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have both a 2004 Prius and 2007 Camry. The Camry is a big step up in comfort, performance and amenities relative to the Prius, with similar mpg (40 miles versus 46 for Prius). Only wish they made a Camry wagon since the trunk/pass thru is pretty limited. Very reliable but a little dull to drive. Great sound system.

MPG. Sound system. Quiet and boringly reliable.

Wagon version of Camry

After 20 months, still no regrets
By Ann

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just passed 25K miles and 20 months of ownership with my 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid. I still love the car. My tank average mpg has never been less than 36 and has been as high as 41.5 on a long haul trip. I've had absolutely no technology issues with the car. I did have to have an alignment done twice already and it seems out again, but nothing has gone wrong with the complex hybrid drive. The car looks and drives great. I don't know how I found my way without GPS!! I would buy this again in a minute. The Edmunds TMV estimate is still within 3K of that price today!!! AAA+++

Gas mileage, cool hybrid features, room for friends in comfort, navigation, hands-free phone, great warranties.

Rear wiper for a rainy day when I have to back out of my long driveway. It would be Nice if the dash gave an indication of engine OFF. My friend borrowed my car to go to the mall. He thought he had turned it off. The car engine was silent, he actually left it running for 2 hrs. He had the key!!

Good gas mileage
By HC

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have 2007 Camry Hybrid (standard) for more than two years and have learned how to drive it to get good gas mileage: 45 MPG for a full tank average. Note that all batteries are on rear side of the car and the trunk is small.

Hybrid power system

Larger trunk

Further update
By Brant

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After 18,000 miles still very happy with this car. A recent trip to PA from CT with cruise set at 75, 4 people on board, and A/C set on economy, got 36-37 mpg. When filling the tank afterward, my own calculation was closer to 38. My wife had a bumper issue backing out of a space and clipping an SUV so yes the bumpers are suspect - it looked like someone pushed a basketball about half way into the front bumper corner. I took off the plastic shroud underneath and wedged a crow bar up there and popped the dent back out. No damage to the paint and only a slight crease left at point of impact. Just saved a big repair bill at the bodyshop!

Mileage, quietness, nav system

Bumpers. Cruise control varies too much once set. Tires wear quickly.

• SUV