Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (240 reviews )

Owned for 20 months
By jeff

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wanted to write this review for two reasons. First, to indicate my impressions on the car. Second about Edmunds ratings. The car itself has been great and all that was advertised. I have averaged about 36 MPG, 42 on highway trips. The trunk is smaller than a normal Camry, but it has enough height to make it very usable. I have it loaded with leather and Nav, most people don't really see the difference between this and another loaded Camry. Very please thus far and have had no problems. Edmunds seems to rate this vehicle low, but i don't think they rate almost any hybrid high unless it is like the high end Lexus LS ($100K). Edmunds tends to rate on pure power and not usability

Favorite Features

Mileage, comfort, bluetooth, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Should add mud guard into design, will help in keeping it clean.

Love my hybrid
By David

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My hybrid rocks! I average 32.5-36 MPG in mixed driving over numerous foothills. And that's with aggressive, always first off the blocks, fastest on the highway driving. With highway trips, I will easily exceed the max 40 MPG average on the dash readout, especially when I adopt more hybrid-like driving habits, i.e. drafting large trucks, timing stop lights, and not speeding.

Favorite Features

Not having an irritating idle when stopped.

Suggested Improvements

Warmer seat warmers.

LOVE my Camry Hybrid
By blunoz

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had reservations about buying a hybrid. I was concerned the engine wouldn't have the pick-up-and-go power when I needed it. I took the Camry Hybrid for a test drive, and I was pleasantly surprised. The ride is smooth and quiet, but when I stomped on the gas, it really picked up a moved! I'm a little spoiled and I like creature comforts. I love the leather seats and as the temperatures have been in the mid-30s in the mornings lately, I like having the seat warmers. I like having the auxiliary jack to plug in my iPod. My one complaint is that they didn't offer seat memory. Gas mileage is between 30-35 mpg driving around town, and 37 mpg on the highway with the cruise control on.

Favorite Features

Awesome gas mileage, smooth, comfortable quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Seat memory. My wife is 5'3" and I'm 6'2".

Awesome car
By antonio

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the 50th anniversary edition. It's equipped like a Lexus. I get 36 mpg and it has plenty of power. I have no regrets. I can't think of a car I would rather have for the price. We recently went on a road trip because it's a hybrid. My brother thought it didn't have passing power. (I know this is out of line) we hit 120 mph in no time. This thing moves.

Very reliable, great mileage
By jh

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have both a 2004 Prius and 2007 Camry. The Camry is a big step up in comfort, performance and amenities relative to the Prius, with similar mpg (40 miles versus 46 for Prius). Only wish they made a Camry wagon since the trunk/pass thru is pretty limited. Very reliable but a little dull to drive. Great sound system.

Favorite Features

MPG. Sound system. Quiet and boringly reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Wagon version of Camry