Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (238 reviews )

LOVE my Camry Hybrid
By blunoz

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had reservations about buying a hybrid. I was concerned the engine wouldn't have the pick-up-and-go power when I needed it. I took the Camry Hybrid for a test drive, and I was pleasantly surprised. The ride is smooth and quiet, but when I stomped on the gas, it really picked up a moved! I'm a little spoiled and I like creature comforts. I love the leather seats and as the temperatures have been in the mid-30s in the mornings lately, I like having the seat warmers. I like having the auxiliary jack to plug in my iPod. My one complaint is that they didn't offer seat memory. Gas mileage is between 30-35 mpg driving around town, and 37 mpg on the highway with the cruise control on.

Favorite Features

Awesome gas mileage, smooth, comfortable quiet ride.

Suggested Improvements

Seat memory. My wife is 5'3" and I'm 6'2".

Awesome car
By antonio

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the 50th anniversary edition. It's equipped like a Lexus. I get 36 mpg and it has plenty of power. I have no regrets. I can't think of a car I would rather have for the price. We recently went on a road trip because it's a hybrid. My brother thought it didn't have passing power. (I know this is out of line) we hit 120 mph in no time. This thing moves.

Very reliable, great mileage
By jh

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have both a 2004 Prius and 2007 Camry. The Camry is a big step up in comfort, performance and amenities relative to the Prius, with similar mpg (40 miles versus 46 for Prius). Only wish they made a Camry wagon since the trunk/pass thru is pretty limited. Very reliable but a little dull to drive. Great sound system.

Favorite Features

MPG. Sound system. Quiet and boringly reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Wagon version of Camry

After 20 months, still no regrets
By Ann

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just passed 25K miles and 20 months of ownership with my 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid. I still love the car. My tank average mpg has never been less than 36 and has been as high as 41.5 on a long haul trip. I've had absolutely no technology issues with the car. I did have to have an alignment done twice already and it seems out again, but nothing has gone wrong with the complex hybrid drive. The car looks and drives great. I don't know how I found my way without GPS!! I would buy this again in a minute. The Edmunds TMV estimate is still within 3K of that price today!!! AAA+++

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, cool hybrid features, room for friends in comfort, navigation, hands-free phone, great warranties.

Suggested Improvements

Rear wiper for a rainy day when I have to back out of my long driveway. It would be Nice if the dash gave an indication of engine OFF. My friend borrowed my car to go to the mall. He thought he had turned it off. The car engine was silent, he actually left it running for 2 hrs. He had the key!!

Good gas mileage
By HC

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have 2007 Camry Hybrid (standard) for more than two years and have learned how to drive it to get good gas mileage: 45 MPG for a full tank average. Note that all batteries are on rear side of the car and the trunk is small.

Favorite Features

Hybrid power system

Suggested Improvements

Larger trunk