2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (238 reviews )
Great car for the ecomony and planet
By craig opper on 03/02/08 09:02 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I own the car for 6+ months and think the car is great. Good looking, very reliable and get great fuel milage. Averaging about 33.5 mpg and get over 45 on the highway at stead speed. Best highway milage at about 65 mph. No issues or idiosyncracies. Slightly louder than I would prefer on hard acceleration. Clearly fast enough if you are not a lead foot. Some writers for the major auto publications criticize the acceleration but they are generally younger people who aren't concerned with the planet or their wallets right now. That will change as they age and even they will appreciate the technology in this vehicle. I look forward to the next generation of hybrids.

My review
By sid on 02/10/08 12:59 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Toyta Camry Hybrid is probably the best car I ever owned. Great for riding as well as driving. I would recommend the Camry Hybrid to anyone who wants a terrific automobile.

Underwhelming
By B Walker on 01/30/08 13:20 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After 10,000 miles, this car is a disappointment. Unless you drive in a way to aggravate those behind you, we average mid to high 20s when strictly in the city and 33 to 34 on the highway with cruise set between 70 and 75. The best we have done is 39 mpg on a downhill trip from the Vermont mountains to Connecticut. Go with the 4 cylinder and save $10,000. The ride is somewhat bouncy.

Glad I Did It
By at_iorr on 01/05/08 18:54 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I loved my Ford 5.4 SuperCrew truck, and was worried about the transition, but I have no regrets. Bought when gas was a low point, so that was in my favor. The Camry has all the extra features of a 'normal' car. I like the way it gives you all the tools to track mileage and optimize your driving habits for the best gas mileage (I have the nav console). Performance is just fine; not a rocket, but certainly not a dog, either. My mileage is generally 36 combined, w/ my best being a bit over 39 on a long highway trip, which conflicts w/ the better city that gets advertised. Only issue, to date, is a rattle around the sunroof. The trunk is adequate, albeit a bit small.

Going green
By survey guy on 01/01/08 15:49 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Getting better mileage than expected: 32 city/39-41 highway; very comfortable. Also have a G35 Sedan, which has a much more intuitive voice command system for making calls, etc. This car performs better than expected. Easy to keep battery charge full by using 'B' to slow car on decelleration.

Always Reliable
By Greg Winegarden on 12/18/07 16:11 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Since purchasing our Camry Hybrid back in November 2006, we have had absolutely no problems of any kind with this vehicle. The Camry rides and drives just as well if not better than many other luxury vehicles, but with much better fuel economy. The only strike against the Camry Hybrid would be the loss of trunk space due to battery storage, but overall this is a great vehicle if you are looking for good fuel economy and a fun car to drive. I would highly reccomend this vehicle to anyone that still wants the luxury car ride and ammenities, but still gives you good fuel economy.

Best car I ever had
By Dr T on 11/25/07 21:37 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Driving this car is like eating chocolate. Really good chocolate that I got at a deep discount. The great mileage is only a bonus. I would love the car even if I didn't get 42 MPG.

Green is Good
By Going Green on 11/25/07 11:48 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the 50th Anniversary Edition. Overall I like it (now 2.5K miles). Traded BMW X5 SAV 3.0i; wanted to drive green. Averaging 29-32 in town, depending on how hard I accelerate; 36-42 on freeway. It does promote one to drive better. Disappointed in lack of Toyota quality - rattle in dash; ill-fitting door bits. Now dealerships (all in my area) have no moldings or spoilers available for after market, because of Anniversary Edition. Very annoying.

Great car, but for the nav system
By Doug on 11/19/07 08:15 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This car is quiet, comfortable and great for the environment. It ha lots of great options, features that integrate well together. The Bluetooth and the nav system work very well together. The biggest problem is that most of the operations of the nav system and the phone are disabled when moving. This means that a user has to pull over, sometimes into a dangerous place, in order to operate these features. Older versions allowed for an override, but the current version does not. It should be the consumer's choice to operate while driving, or to pull over, whichever is the safer option.

As expected
By Brant on 11/02/07 08:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After my wife driving an Explorer for 4 years she was ready for a change. Wanted a Hybrid due to her job going back and forth to patient's homes in the city. Went to drive a Prius but saw the white 50th anniversary edition Camry on the dealership floor. She is very happy with the car and I am happy to drive it as well though I consider myself a car enthusiast. Mileage has ranged from 28 in the city on 95 degree days with the A/C cranking to almost 40 on the highway without the A/C. The ride is a little bouncy due to the extra battery weight and the brakes are a little touchy but nothing annoying. The CVT is a little droning when accelerating. Overall we really like the car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.