Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 244 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (244 reviews )

Two years later Hybrid
By Candy Ammons

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I still love my camry, mileage runs 40 to 42 mpg in Idaho, when in Calif for the winter 38 to 40 (more traffic). It runs smooth, quiet, still on original tires. 38,000 miles on it, I get routine maintenance at the Toyota dealer. No mechanical problems at all.

mileage, mileage, mileage, gas cost savings, comfort

Find a faster way to stop car in emergency, with runaway engine three seconds to stop engine is too long in an emergency. Would have really liked to know how to turn off engine in an emergency without having to read it after the Toyota crash with throttle stuck at 120 mpg.

I love my Camry
By Dawn Lietz

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I live in the No Nevada area where there are a lot of mountains and long distance driving. I average between 39 - 41 MPG! Plenty of power, fun to drive, excellent vehicle!

MPG; Bluetooth capability.

I wouldn't change anything. Great car.

2 Years of use 2007 Camry
By Larry Hathaway

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I own a 2005 BMW 530I and have owned Mercedes, a 1999 JagXJ8, and love cars. The Camry Hybrid has better acceleration then you would think. If I drive it rather hard I average about 33 miles per gallon. If I try to not accelerate on every stop I can get up to 38 miles per gallon. This is not bad when you consider the size of the car, comfort, styling and for the price compared to the higher priced cars a very good deal.

8/30/2009
By jeff

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my 2007 Camry hybrid used a little over a year ago. Hands down the best car I've ever had. Its quiet, smooth and has all the power you'll ever need. With the CVT transmission there's no shifting. Most people think hybird = no power. I'm 51 years old and this car has as much power as any that I've ever owned. I bought my Camry with 59,000 miles on it. It now has 78,000 miles on it. I've only had 1 problem. It didn't start at 20 below zero. I can't wait to see how long my brakes last. I was told 200,000 to 300,000 miles they look great so far. Oh I almost forgot I get between 38 to 41 mpg March though November and about 35 to 38 mpg in the winter.

Wow where do I start. I think the biggest for me is the low mait. CVT transmission, braking system, mpg, hands free phone, and all the safety features .

find a way to keep the computer and battery warm in winter

Best car EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Rig Jig

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hands down the best car I have ever owned! I put 60,000 miles on it in two years and have not had to do a thing except change the oil, and that only has to be done every 6,000 miles! Just had it in the dealer for normal service and they told me the brakes look new!!!!! How is this possible. GO BUY ONE AND IT WILL BE THE BEST CAR YOU'LL EVER OWN.

Everything, especially the CVT trans. Of course the MPG is awesome. Easy on the eyes.