Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (240 reviews )

Best car EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Rig Jig

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hands down the best car I have ever owned! I put 60,000 miles on it in two years and have not had to do a thing except change the oil, and that only has to be done every 6,000 miles! Just had it in the dealer for normal service and they told me the brakes look new!!!!! How is this possible. GO BUY ONE AND IT WILL BE THE BEST CAR YOU'LL EVER OWN.

Everything, especially the CVT trans. Of course the MPG is awesome. Easy on the eyes.

My Travelling Office
By samfatboy

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I work in outside sales and drive 30-35,000 miles per year. I have 73,000 miles on my 2007 Camry Hybrid. This is my third Toyota car and in over 350,000 miles of driving them, the only non-regular maintenance replacement was a water pump on my 2000 Camry at 142,000 miles. My son still has that car with 176,000 miles on it. I love my Camry Hybrid. I don't know about other reports about tires. Mine came with lifetime free tires and oil change. They just put on new tires at 72,000 miles. The old ones had just hit the wear markers. My only complaint would be that the ride is a little mushy. At this point I prefer comfort to racing performance, and this car is very comfortable.

The sound system rocks. I also love the keyless entry. People are still amazed that I never take the key from my pocket.

Best car I've ever owned!
By Elsa Hennings

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is absolutely the best car I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot. It is very well thought out, fun to drive, carries all the luggage my family of five needs for a long trip, and the fuel economy is typically 40 mpg or better. As a mechanical engineer I'm quite impressed with how this car is put together, specifically the merging of the gas engine and electric motor to the transmission. The seamless crossover in power supply is awesome. I'm about to go buy another hybrid Camry, something I never thought I'd do.

Fuel economy is twice what my other vehicles are, translating into half- price gas, which is very welcome right now! Now that hands-free calling is required in my state, the Blutooth capability has turned into a wonderfully useful benefit.

There are definitely some tricks to getting the best fuel economy from a hybrid, one of which is to drive on cruise control as much as possible, and no faster than the speed limit. A list of tips would be a good thing to include with hybrids.

Further update
By Brant

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We are now approaching 30,000 miles and the good news is that the car has had nothing but routine maintenance. Mileage is as advertised but dips into the high 20's in winter city driving. The OEM tires were shot at 22K which is not acceptable. The dashboard creaks like Noah's Ark, especially when cold and the interior plastics and fit and finish are below par. The car is a quiet and comfortable cruiser and is as non offensive as you would expect from a Camry. Power is great for a hybrid in this fuel mileage class. The cruise control in un-nerving in the hills - set it at 75 and it will vary between 72 and 78. Overall we are pleased but this is not a great car.

Quiet, efficient highway cruiser. Plenty of amenities in the 50th anniversary edition. Stone cold reliable and cheap to maintain. Plenty of power when needed.

Switch to another tire manufacturer. Dash needs better integrity and better plastics. Tighten up the cruise control so not to vary so much. Paint code be better, especially on bumpers.

Safest Vehicle on the Road
By mbarry999z

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was broadsided Saturday on a country road here in MA. I was wearing my seatbelt and the air bags deployed. Other than some soreness and bruising, I walked away from the accident. I will replace the car with a 2009 Camry Hybrid even though it may not qualify for the Obama tax credit for hybrids.

Keyless entry, comfort, quiet, bluetooth, moon roof, multi-CD player, service at the dealership

Sound quality when speaking on the phone could be improved.