2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (238 reviews )
Fantastic Car!
By hblatt on 06/02/08 09:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been driving my car for over a year now. This car still impresses me every time I drive it. The millage is incredible. I am averaging 36-37 per tank. I often hit 40 mpg on individual trips. If you are looking for a quiet car... This is it. It's smooth and quiet. No shifting. No sudden lurching. The only time you ever hear the engine is under hard acceleration. In fact, the propulsion system is so quiet I installed a backup alarm because pedestrians can't hear this car.

My TCH has been magnificent
By daveosborne on 05/26/08 19:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've loved my TCH. I bought it on 04/21/07, have just under 15,000 miles on it, with mileage at 36/39. I've had no build or performance issues. No rattles, squeaks, crunched bumpers, or any other concerns. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with the car. I love the quiet, smooth ride. The CVT, electric steering and gas pedal make this car just glide. The power and torque, when the internal combustion engine and electric motor combine, are more than a human needs.

Still loving it
By Candy Ammons on 05/25/08 17:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Lived in California and drove more stop and go traffic mileage was 37 to 38 in town 40 on highway. Live in Idaho now and mileage is 40 to 41 in town and highway. Runs great, have 16000 miles on it. Have had no problems at all. Runs perfect, quiet and comfortable. Had difficult in the snow/ice in Idaho and will by studded tires for it next winter.

False Advertising
By JERRY ROSEN on 05/23/08 17:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The sticker on the window advertized that the Hybrid would get 40 MPG city and 38 MPG highway. After checking many tankfuls of gas the best mileage I could get was between 22 and 24 MPG. This to me is totally unacceptable. I brought the car into 2 different dealers in North Miami and Hollywood for testing and they both told me there is nothing wrong with the car. Last week I drove to Gainesville where the car was purchased, to have them tell me the same thing. Nothing was accomplished except I put 660 miles on the car and I am still very FRUSTRATED. I didn't buy a hybrid to get 22 MPG. When I should be getting at least 40MPG promised by all the advertising and hype about hybrids.

18 months later
By SR on 05/11/08 16:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

In first 18 months, this car has performed well, with excellent mileage, but I have been surprised to see a dramatic decline in the design and assembly quality that I found in my prior two Toyotas. The fuel economy is as good as other posters report (40-43 summer, 35-38 winter). Quality problems include incessant front dash rattles that the dealer cannot fix, no matter how many visits; cheap front and rear bumpers that crack as soon as you are touched by another car in a parking space; interior plastics and exterior paint that scratch at the drop of a hat.

one year
By Doug on 04/26/08 10:31 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

No problems in first year. Mileage varies from 40 in hot weather to 34 in very cold weather. So far glad I didn't buy extended warrentee. The 50,000 mile service agreement was worth while.

Don't kick the bumper - it will break !
By Cheap Plastic on 04/26/08 08:42 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Rides nice, smooth CVT, mileage is good. Many structural problems. INside dash squeaks, entire front bumper is cheap plastic (I replaced the whole bumper once: dealer said warranty doesn't cover 'design flaw'.) The genuine Toyota replacement bumper is all falling apart again. It only takes the slightest accidental bump to crack it and then the entire bumper deteriorates. Really bad design flaw! Would never buy a Toyota again! Bluetooth hands free car phone is inferior! Tires were meticulously maintained (every 5K miles) and they only lasted 20K miles. Toyota quality?? Where?

Great car
By dallas_hybrid on 04/21/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my hybrid for almost 2 years now. I typically drive in the city and get 35-38 mpg depending on the time of year (use of heater or AC). Highway mpg is typically 38-40 mpg, and that is travelling around 70 mph even with the AC going. My only complaint is that there are rattles in the car, but I haven't brought it into the dealer to see if it could be fixed.

Good car
By JD on 04/17/08 15:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have not had the car long. It stayed on the lot for a while due to black color which is not real popular in Texas. I like to drive and ride in this car. The fuel mileage has been around 36-38 mpg. I like the styling and comfort. Would buy this car again.

Promises unfulfilled
By jOHN Beavers on 03/11/08 16:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The hybrid performs well. The comfort for a 6'2" person leaves much to be desired. As a Toyota owner for many years, I was disappointed in the furnishings and the visibility afforded in my car. The left drivers post prevents a good look for expressway driving and I'm constantly challenged in getting into the vehicle on the driver's side. Should have researched it more thoroughly. Gas mileage is 32 around town and maybe 38 on the road with good fuel management skills. Best buy from Toyota is probably the Prius.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.