Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (238 reviews )

Best car I've ever owned!
By Elsa Hennings

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is absolutely the best car I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot. It is very well thought out, fun to drive, carries all the luggage my family of five needs for a long trip, and the fuel economy is typically 40 mpg or better. As a mechanical engineer I'm quite impressed with how this car is put together, specifically the merging of the gas engine and electric motor to the transmission. The seamless crossover in power supply is awesome. I'm about to go buy another hybrid Camry, something I never thought I'd do.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy is twice what my other vehicles are, translating into half- price gas, which is very welcome right now! Now that hands-free calling is required in my state, the Blutooth capability has turned into a wonderfully useful benefit.

Suggested Improvements

There are definitely some tricks to getting the best fuel economy from a hybrid, one of which is to drive on cruise control as much as possible, and no faster than the speed limit. A list of tips would be a good thing to include with hybrids.

Further update
By Brant

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We are now approaching 30,000 miles and the good news is that the car has had nothing but routine maintenance. Mileage is as advertised but dips into the high 20's in winter city driving. The OEM tires were shot at 22K which is not acceptable. The dashboard creaks like Noah's Ark, especially when cold and the interior plastics and fit and finish are below par. The car is a quiet and comfortable cruiser and is as non offensive as you would expect from a Camry. Power is great for a hybrid in this fuel mileage class. The cruise control in un-nerving in the hills - set it at 75 and it will vary between 72 and 78. Overall we are pleased but this is not a great car.

Favorite Features

Quiet, efficient highway cruiser. Plenty of amenities in the 50th anniversary edition. Stone cold reliable and cheap to maintain. Plenty of power when needed.

Suggested Improvements

Switch to another tire manufacturer. Dash needs better integrity and better plastics. Tighten up the cruise control so not to vary so much. Paint code be better, especially on bumpers.

Safest Vehicle on the Road
By mbarry999z

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was broadsided Saturday on a country road here in MA. I was wearing my seatbelt and the air bags deployed. Other than some soreness and bruising, I walked away from the accident. I will replace the car with a 2009 Camry Hybrid even though it may not qualify for the Obama tax credit for hybrids.

Favorite Features

Keyless entry, comfort, quiet, bluetooth, moon roof, multi-CD player, service at the dealership

Suggested Improvements

Sound quality when speaking on the phone could be improved.

Owned for 20 months
By jeff

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wanted to write this review for two reasons. First, to indicate my impressions on the car. Second about Edmunds ratings. The car itself has been great and all that was advertised. I have averaged about 36 MPG, 42 on highway trips. The trunk is smaller than a normal Camry, but it has enough height to make it very usable. I have it loaded with leather and Nav, most people don't really see the difference between this and another loaded Camry. Very please thus far and have had no problems. Edmunds seems to rate this vehicle low, but i don't think they rate almost any hybrid high unless it is like the high end Lexus LS ($100K). Edmunds tends to rate on pure power and not usability

Favorite Features

Mileage, comfort, bluetooth, etc.

Suggested Improvements

Should add mud guard into design, will help in keeping it clean.

Love my hybrid
By David

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My hybrid rocks! I average 32.5-36 MPG in mixed driving over numerous foothills. And that's with aggressive, always first off the blocks, fastest on the highway driving. With highway trips, I will easily exceed the max 40 MPG average on the dash readout, especially when I adopt more hybrid-like driving habits, i.e. drafting large trucks, timing stop lights, and not speeding.

Favorite Features

Not having an irritating idle when stopped.

Suggested Improvements

Warmer seat warmers.