2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (238 reviews )
Further update
By Brant on 08/25/08 13:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After 18,000 miles still very happy with this car. A recent trip to PA from CT with cruise set at 75, 4 people on board, and A/C set on economy, got 36-37 mpg. When filling the tank afterward, my own calculation was closer to 38. My wife had a bumper issue backing out of a space and clipping an SUV so yes the bumpers are suspect - it looked like someone pushed a basketball about half way into the front bumper corner. I took off the plastic shroud underneath and wedged a crow bar up there and popped the dent back out. No damage to the paint and only a slight crease left at point of impact. Just saved a big repair bill at the bodyshop!

Best care I ever drove
By P Van Allen on 08/10/08 17:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I didn't plan to buy a car that day in August 2006 in Dublin, California. I just wanted to look at a Prius. There sat a gorgeous Jasper green Camry Hybrid. "Camry hybrid? Wow!" I thought. It was larger than the Prius, and about the same price comparably equipped. I have been getting 40 MPG, both city and hwy, pretty consistently since I drove it off the lot. Some gas, like Shell, doesn't go as far. I think some of these people kvetching in these other reviews just didn't bother to learn how to drive a hybrid. It is an art!

Gas mileage dropping
By G. Evans on 07/10/08 20:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When I first bought my Camry, I was happy with my 37.5 mpg. After about 5000 miles the mileage dropped to 33 mpg and at 15000 miles I am only getting 29.7 mpg. I have complained to the dealership three times to no avail. They say they have put it on "the machine" and there is no problem with the vehicle. The service people continue to tell me that it must be the way I drive. I am distressed that I paid more for a hybrid and got way less trunk room and only get the same gas mileage as my previous Camrys. There has to be something wrong for this to be happening!

Mileage & Paint
By LAW on 07/07/08 20:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my Barcelona Red Metallic TCH, however, the paint leaves much to be desired. It seems to chip down to the bare metal with the slightest touch. This is my 3rd Toyota and never had this problem before. My mileage started at 40 mph/hwy and 27/city. After 9000 miles, it is now 37/hwy and 23/city. I don't like the fact it's getting lower. I thought once a car was broken in, the mileage would get better.

One year review, 50th anniv. edition
By Brant on 07/07/08 08:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Had our TCH for 1 year and 15k miles. Live in hilly area in New England. 400+ mile trip to Lake George and back got 36 mpg at 73 mph with cruise. Low 30s in city driving. High 20s in winter when fuel blend change kicks in. Car is driven normally, not always trying to extract maximum mpg. Happy with our purchase though the interior is not up to typical Toyota standards. Car has been spot on reliable. No rattles or squeaks or bumper issues. OEM tires are awful and will be replaced by winter. Bought 50th anniversary edition and the car is loaded and sharp. Though a little disappointed at first (I am a car guy), I am now sold on this car.

Love that 40 mpg
By Candy Ammons on 06/22/08 22:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

In California I drove in more stop and go traffic and my mileage was 37 mpg on trips 40. Now living in Northwest and mpg has been 40 all the time until they just changed to the summer gas mixture. I have lost 1 to 2 mpg. A relative owns a 2005 Prius and she loses 2 mpg each summer also in Calif driving. It does not handle well in the snow if there is ice the traction control kicks in as soon as you start to slip so you can't use the gas to try and get out of it. It will need snow tires this next summer.

Happy owner in Texas
By Happy Owner on 06/17/08 19:17 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I really like this car and it's the nicest car I've ever owned. It's very comfortable and very quiet and I can really relax in it. Excellent sound system too. Of course one of the main reasons I bought it was that it is a hybrid. A little over a year ago my wife and I passed a gas station sign (in our conventional Toyotas at the time) and the price of gas had headed well over $3.00 and we looked at each other and decided to look at hybrids. I ended up buying the Camry hybrid and she bought a Prius. Boy are we glad that we bought the cars with gas hovering around $4.00/gallon now!! We plan to keep the cars for as long as possible and we believe that in the end it will save us money.

My experience with a hybrid
By jack hutchinson on 06/16/08 05:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Exceptionally fun car to drive. Extremely good gas mileage from 38 to 43 mpg on the road. Approximately 90% of the mileage on this car was highway miles. Has extended 100 thousand mile warranty on the vehicle and tires.

Mileage Disappointment
By Mileage disappointme on 06/14/08 19:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my Camry for almost 2 years. The initial sticker on the window had 42-43 city and 37 highway. The actual mileage is 31 city and 38 highway. Since then the actual mileage on the 2008 and 2009 models is more realistic. Just had to replace 4 tires at 19,000 miles, after being serviced at the dealership regularly. This was another disappointment. The car runs well, but purchased it because of the anticipated mileage. The government credit did not turn out to be the full $2,600. When you complete your tax forms it says "potential" credit so beware of this. The $2,600 turned into $1,800. Otherwise a nice car, glad I purchased it with the gas prices currently at $4.00 per gallon.

600 + miles per tank
By Tim Plunkett on 06/10/08 17:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I'm old and slow on the freeway, rarely going over 70 mph. Thus, I've been getting 43/44 mpg to/from /San Diego/ Los Angeles. If I tell Toyota how much we're enjoying their Camry Hybrid, they'll raise the price!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.