2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (238 reviews )
Best car I've ever owned!
By Elsa Hennings on 04/17/09 11:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is absolutely the best car I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot. It is very well thought out, fun to drive, carries all the luggage my family of five needs for a long trip, and the fuel economy is typically 40 mpg or better. As a mechanical engineer I'm quite impressed with how this car is put together, specifically the merging of the gas engine and electric motor to the transmission. The seamless crossover in power supply is awesome. I'm about to go buy another hybrid Camry, something I never thought I'd do.

Further update
By Brant on 03/17/09 12:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We are now approaching 30,000 miles and the good news is that the car has had nothing but routine maintenance. Mileage is as advertised but dips into the high 20's in winter city driving. The OEM tires were shot at 22K which is not acceptable. The dashboard creaks like Noah's Ark, especially when cold and the interior plastics and fit and finish are below par. The car is a quiet and comfortable cruiser and is as non offensive as you would expect from a Camry. Power is great for a hybrid in this fuel mileage class. The cruise control in un-nerving in the hills - set it at 75 and it will vary between 72 and 78. Overall we are pleased but this is not a great car.

Safest Vehicle on the Road
By mbarry999z on 03/02/09 23:44 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I was broadsided Saturday on a country road here in MA. I was wearing my seatbelt and the air bags deployed. Other than some soreness and bruising, I walked away from the accident. I will replace the car with a 2009 Camry Hybrid even though it may not qualify for the Obama tax credit for hybrids.

Owned for 20 months
By jeff on 01/11/09 11:03 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I wanted to write this review for two reasons. First, to indicate my impressions on the car. Second about Edmunds ratings. The car itself has been great and all that was advertised. I have averaged about 36 MPG, 42 on highway trips. The trunk is smaller than a normal Camry, but it has enough height to make it very usable. I have it loaded with leather and Nav, most people don't really see the difference between this and another loaded Camry. Very please thus far and have had no problems. Edmunds seems to rate this vehicle low, but i don't think they rate almost any hybrid high unless it is like the high end Lexus LS ($100K). Edmunds tends to rate on pure power and not usability

Love my hybrid
By David on 11/09/08 05:30 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My hybrid rocks! I average 32.5-36 MPG in mixed driving over numerous foothills. And that's with aggressive, always first off the blocks, fastest on the highway driving. With highway trips, I will easily exceed the max 40 MPG average on the dash readout, especially when I adopt more hybrid-like driving habits, i.e. drafting large trucks, timing stop lights, and not speeding.

LOVE my Camry Hybrid
By blunoz on 10/23/08 17:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had reservations about buying a hybrid. I was concerned the engine wouldn't have the pick-up-and-go power when I needed it. I took the Camry Hybrid for a test drive, and I was pleasantly surprised. The ride is smooth and quiet, but when I stomped on the gas, it really picked up a moved! I'm a little spoiled and I like creature comforts. I love the leather seats and as the temperatures have been in the mid-30s in the mornings lately, I like having the seat warmers. I like having the auxiliary jack to plug in my iPod. My one complaint is that they didn't offer seat memory. Gas mileage is between 30-35 mpg driving around town, and 37 mpg on the highway with the cruise control on.

Awesome car
By antonio on 09/20/08 17:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the 50th anniversary edition. It's equipped like a Lexus. I get 36 mpg and it has plenty of power. I have no regrets. I can't think of a car I would rather have for the price. We recently went on a road trip because it's a hybrid. My brother thought it didn't have passing power. (I know this is out of line) we hit 120 mph in no time. This thing moves.

Very reliable, great mileage
By jh on 09/12/08 10:30 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have both a 2004 Prius and 2007 Camry. The Camry is a big step up in comfort, performance and amenities relative to the Prius, with similar mpg (40 miles versus 46 for Prius). Only wish they made a Camry wagon since the trunk/pass thru is pretty limited. Very reliable but a little dull to drive. Great sound system.

After 20 months, still no regrets
By Ann on 09/08/08 14:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just passed 25K miles and 20 months of ownership with my 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid. I still love the car. My tank average mpg has never been less than 36 and has been as high as 41.5 on a long haul trip. I've had absolutely no technology issues with the car. I did have to have an alignment done twice already and it seems out again, but nothing has gone wrong with the complex hybrid drive. The car looks and drives great. I don't know how I found my way without GPS!! I would buy this again in a minute. The Edmunds TMV estimate is still within 3K of that price today!!! AAA+++

Good gas mileage
By HC on 08/30/08 21:46 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have 2007 Camry Hybrid (standard) for more than two years and have learned how to drive it to get good gas mileage: 45 MPG for a full tank average. Note that all batteries are on rear side of the car and the trunk is small.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.