2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (238 reviews )
Fully Loaded Camry Hybrid
By TKCamry on 05/17/06 18:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent acceleration for an economy hybrid. Less than 8 sec to 60 mph. And it gets good mileage so far - about 37 mpg. It isn't a sports car, but it handles well; is quiet on the highway; and seats are comfortable.

Exceptional automobile
By Stewn on 05/17/06 12:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

At this point (500 miles) I am extremely pleased with the 2007 Camry Hybrid. Fuel economy in mixed driving has ranged from 34.5 to 37 miles per gallon which to me is more than acceptable. The car is completely loaded including leather, moonroof and NAV system. The handling and performance have been more than adequate and the fit and finish are superb.

Fun to be Green
By ChipGreen on 05/16/06 12:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Make no mistake about it... this is a green luxury car for under $30K. Leather, nav, the whole deal... go drive one, you'll see what I mean... PS- I am currently getting ABOVE the quoted gas mileage!!!

Saving dough, but could use more go
By SynergyDriverinVA on 05/13/06 21:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just bought the car a few days ago. I sprung for the leather and Nav. The build quality is excellent. The materials are very nice for a car that stickers a few hundred bucks north of 30K. I really like the Nav screen and the "Consumption" display, I find myself paying too much attention to the MPGs. There is a small lag in power when you first try to get up to speed. In my opinion this is cause by the CVT. I would like to see a little more power, like the Highlander Hybrid has. Overall, I am very pleased with the car. I don't think I'm going to average 40 MPG, but I will come close and I'll do it in style.

New to Hybrid
By thompja53 on 05/13/06 08:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've got about 700 miles (at 38.5 mpg) under my belt. This is a great "economy" car. Comfortable, reasonably quiet, excellent performance (considering all things_187hp). I'm pleased with the quality of the fit and finish. I traded "down" from an Infiniti and I'm not disappointed. No it does not have a Lexus interior, but remember this car starts life as a $20,000 base model. Options help make it more comfortable, but it is not and should not be considered a luxury vehicle. With that said, I have no problem living with this car even if it seems like less than what I'm used to. I didn't buy this car to save money, I bought it to save gas.

One of the first TCH sold in the country
By SJ on 05/12/06 07:07 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

BTW.. Love the car. Feels heavy car to drive. Kind of like a cadillac. Kids love it. Averaged 42 MPG on the 45 mile trip back from the dealership. It is really cool that the engine shuts off.

Nice Car... Too Expensive
By hammonddave on 05/07/06 17:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The new Camry Hybrid offers a great deal of wonderful acessories including the ability to extend your MPG with its new Synergy drive. The car has plenty of power to get up to highway speed. However, once you reach 70MPH the car has a tendancy to lunge forward searching for a comfortable speed. The steering is dicy at these speeds which is also quite disconcerting. The interior materials look and feel cheap. Too much plastic! Even with the upgraded leather it is hard to believe that this car costs over $30,000. Toyota needs to get real when if comes to their pricing. The batteries form a wall between the trunk and the fold down rear seats which makes it impractical to load long objects.

You got to get one of these!
By rseynaev on 05/06/06 11:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just picked up my fully loaded 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 2 days ago (the first one off the dealer's lot). I still can't get the smile off my face. The TCH is awesome. I never seriously considered the Toyota Prius - too small for my family. I test drove a Ford Escape Hybrid and overall was disappointed with it. The TCH is the perfect vehicle for us. There is plenty of room for our family of 4, it got all the gadgets and performance for me (Dad), it saves the planet for Mom, and the kids think it's really cool too!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.