2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (238 reviews )
The Mileage Ratings are TRUE
By vioarc on 06/13/06 21:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Upright driver's position and ample knee space make the '07 Camry the most comfortable car in its price range. My May 10 Test drive of the first hybrid in the area was a solid, quiet experience. Almost a month after taking delivery, I'm still doing demos for my friends. Consistently matching the sticker mileage ratings has encouraged me to improve my driving skills. In normal driving, the synergy drive is so smooth that is does little to call attention to itself. If I remember to pay attention, I sense engine shut down at full stops. The 4 cylinder note can be heard on long uphills and the regenerative brakes have an inobtrusive, but distinctive sound. The motor's torque is powerful!

The best car ever!
By DAPPER on 06/07/06 20:44 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in a 1997 Ford Explorer- lovely gas mileage of 12 miles per gallon! Funny -- I drive 25 mi one way to work. Getting expensive to work these days. So,I went to test drive a camery xle when the hybrid (which I undersood wasn't even out yet) was on the lot. It is everything I wanted, gps, moonroof, heated seats and excellent gas mileage (rated at 40 / 38). The car was a delight to drive -- the price is about the same as a totally decked out xle. Except you have the tax incentive and the gas savings. The math and decision was easy. I absolutely love the car!! I average 38 miles per gallon. This includes mountain, air conditioning, freeway and city road driving.

engineering marvel
By Ray on 06/06/06 10:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The first thousand miles have been positive. Drives well, about 40 mpg, quiet, adequate power for any situation, engineering is a marvel, and the most important feature, it is a small contribution to solving our global warming problems. Only the ideologically moribund can deny it is happening, and it seems to me that each of us must do what we can to reduce our carbon use and carbon dioxide residues.

Excellent!
By Steve Podhauser on 06/06/06 09:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We looked at the leading selling hybrids and we chose the Toyota. This car drives like a dream. We are considering getting another one. This car is also a head turner. It looks sort of like a BMW and a Volvo combined. We are extremely happy.

New Hybrid owner
By Lawson on 06/06/06 07:57 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought one of the first Camry hybrids sold in my area. I have owned many cars, including two porsche 911's, and have never been happier about a car. I was not expecting to be excited about this car, I bought it to try to do my part for the environment/oil shortage. I am now excited. It's handling is exceptional, the mileage is better than advertised, it is well made and quiet. We traveled over 600 miles on our first 14 gallon tank of gas, and I am told the mileage will get better. Finally, and I never expected this of a Camry, we are getting much complimentary attention on this car, even having strangers come up as we fill or park the car.

I love my 2007 Camry Hybrid
By stevenvillatoro on 06/03/06 18:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am switching from two cars (a Lexus SC 430 and a Honda Insight) into one car that combines both luxury and economy features. A fully loaded Camry Hybrid has an amazing list of standard features. Now, with 700 miles logged in three weeks, I have to say this car has exceeded every expectation. The Camry is solid, quiet, large, and giving me 39 MPG average with lots of horsepower. The stereo is excellent, love the NAV, Bluetooth, nice leather, and the Smart Key entry/ignition. Other owners I've met are praising the Camry, too.

BETTER THAN EXPECTED
By Rick on 06/03/06 09:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The fit and finish of both interior and exterior makes me smile. I bought this car to make a statement to the guzzling and polluting planet - and am so far surprised at how much i love it for creature comfort as well. I come from 7 years of an Audi A6 , and it is not a step down.

Update at 1800 miles
By Stewn on 06/01/06 10:11 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

At 1,800 miles I couldn't be happier with the Camry Hybrid. Went 502 miles on just under three quarters of a tank and averaged 39.2. The trip included steep mountain freeway driving. It handles well, has ample power and is extremely quiet except on the roughest of roads. Overall mpg is 36. Try to drive 70 mph when it is safe to do so. At a steady 65 on relatively flat road I would expect to average 40+ mph.

Is it OK to love a car?
By Dan P on 05/30/06 08:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Camry Hybrid is a marvel of technology. Toyota has done a fantastic job! Ride is extremely quiet, the smart key technology is awesome, luxurious feel with decent options, very safe for family. I can go on and on. The bottom line is that I am smiling ear to ear when driving this car. I hope Toyota brings this technology to all of their cars and makes this standard equipment. It truly is awesome!

WoW....
By Lucy on 05/24/06 19:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in my 1995 Toyota V6 XLE with 148,000 miles on it for this 2007 Toyota Hybrid. It as peppy as the V6, excellent on the fuel so far. I only have 256 miles on the new car and am getting 32 miles to the gallon thus far. It has many features that were in the Lexus, JBL sound, duo air conditioning, keyless enterance and start. Trunk is a little small but the seats fold forward in the back. This is not an option on the XLE. I know I will love this car for many years.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.