Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (242 reviews )

Better than expected
By Toyo Camry Hybrid

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have never been a toyota fan, but this car is very impressive. The hybrid drivetrain is amazing, and this car is pretty much loaded with everything except wood trim. The mileage is superb (~37mpg overall). The new body style is cool.

Fuel economy, high quality leather, technology is awesome.

Needs more headroom, would like cooling seats (it has heated seats), would like to 'force' electric only operation like the overseas models have, ride can be a little too firm.

Better mileage than advertised
By rae

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We had to wait 4 months before picking up the car and learned after filing our taxes that we were not entitled to the whole $2600 tax refund as we had anticipated. But we are exceedingly satisfied with the car. We are getting 42-44 mpg on long trips going 65-70 mph. Very quiet on the road and no noise when starting to drive with electric engine operating.

Very practical car and very modern technology inside as well as with drive train.

Factory installed XM satellite radio would be a good option.

Terrific car
By Stewn

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Through 11 months and 16,500 miles the Camry Hybrid couldn't have been better. Average mpg is 35.2 with 40 plus mpg at sustained highway speeds (65-70). The performance is more than adequate for hill climbing, two-lane road passing even on hills, and merging onto freeways. The electric motor seems to work like a supercharger. I am very pleased.

CVT transmission,

More trunk space.

Reliable, Economic and Valuable
By Luis

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It feels as though you're driving in a cloud. The kids fall asleep in it instantly even though the powerful stereo system may wake them. It's a very quite car. You do not hear any noises coming from the engine and for me that is a plus. You get over 600 miles to the tank full and it only needs 17.4 gallons to fill up approx. I love my Camry. First time owner and will continue buying Toyota from now on. It's like buying gold. Try it out I think you won't regret it.

I enjoy the comfort and the smoothe interior design. The stereo system and the phone system is A+. Handsfree Bluetooth It works marvelously. My wife loves it too. It saves us a lot of money on gas and it's very comfortable. You need to drive one to feel the difference.

The only improvements that I see is that it can use a bigger tank to go further but I think 604 miles to the tank full is pretty good . So it really doesn't call for much improvement unless gas prices keep going up.

Quiet, Good Lookin but a little slow
By W.Tarchala

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall, I love my Camry hybrid. It's got great features, it's good looking and it's super quiet. I had an old Toyota Avalon v6 before which was more powerful then my new Camry and I still remember v6 performance. This Camry could be a little faster, but you can't complain averaging 36 mpg (50% highway, 50% city). Mileage is all about the way you drive anyway. You can get as high as 45-46 mpg in a city or as low as 30 mpg when you do not care at all on a highway.

Steering wheel radio controls. Great console design. Super quiet, especially in E-Mode (electric motor only).

More horse power pleeease. At least 20 hp more :) :)

• SUV