2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (238 reviews )
My Hybrid
By Tom Weber on 06/27/06 10:43 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a very nice car! I was so surprised that I would like this vehicle this much. I have had the car for about two weeks now and I already have over 1000 miles on it. I have avereged close to 40mpg. Buy one!

Typical Toyota
By Hank Inman on 06/27/06 10:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We had to wait more than 2 months for our car, and we didn't get leather or sun roof that we ordered. The dealer tried to get us to have an aftermarket company do the job. We declined. We just wanted the car... period! When it finally arrived, the dealer botched several things, but ultimately, getting the car was the ultimate goal. We are extremely pleased with our Camry Hybrid. I love the car! After all, it's a Toyota.

Simply A Great Car
By HappyHybrid on 06/23/06 19:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a superb car to drive or for a ride. It has more than enough power to get you into interstate traffic or pass other cars. I get about 42.3 MPG, the other driver gets about 38.6 MPG. Our driving is at the edge of the southern end of the Rockies @ an elevation of 6,000 feet. It handles both the hills and elevation with ease. Handling is sure. The fit and finish are what Detroit dreams about. Seat adjustments make interior comfort great for the driver and passengers. The A/C is superb. In summer, the car really cools down quickly, even in our desert environment. The sound system is the best "standard" system I ever had in a car. It is quite pleasing.

2007 hybrid camry
By steve on 06/22/06 19:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

In the heat of phoenix averaging between 31 to 36 mpg in town. On the highway getting 40. car is one month old & is by far the funnest to drive I've ever had.

THE FUN OF GOING GREEN
By jjm on 06/22/06 07:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My 07 Camry was delivered with every option for MSRP (dealer installed XM @ + $449). With a little effort most should get close to the EPA milage 41/38 per gal. This car replaces my 328i BMW and is equal in quality of workmanship and most features. Next week I'll test AZ mtn roads and uphill driving performance. The seating is very comfortable and ride quite. The synergy drive is smooth and many gauges are available to monitor energy useage. For those who just want to fit into the crowd this car doesn't scream HYBRID, like the Prius. The Navi-system is better than the Avolon and other 2006 Toyota models, many neat features. take delivery before 9/30/06 get Federal Tax credit of $2600.

Love it
By andrea on 06/20/06 22:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It is fun to drive it is fully loaded, but with everything, it is kind of distracting. Learning how to drive it so you get all the gas mileage you can is really the only challenge so far. I have a heavy foot with a lot of sudden stops so it takes practice for me, but it is comfortable and fun to drive. The only draw back is the trunk with the batteries it takes up a lot of room. It has wonderful power and it is very smooth driving.

First Month with the Camry Hybrid (2007)
By Ron Turner on 06/19/06 11:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My wife and I have been driving a 2002 Camry 4cyclinder XLE and love it dearly. Never a moments trouble with this auto and fairly descent fuel efficiency.. avg 23mpg. Last month we purchased a 2007 Camry hybrid EXPECTING that this Toyota would be as elegant and fun to drive as the 2002!! The interior of the 2007 is not as nicely appointed as our former Camry and the overall driving experience is inferior to our 2002. The shifting process from gas engine to the electric motor drive is far from seamless and the average fuel consumption is only about 29mpg. We are both quite disappointed with our new Camry. The limited trunk space is also a major concern to us.

Honest and true
By Jason Dorsey on 06/18/06 20:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Pros: Still has plenty of power for a 4 cylinder and scoots up to 80 in no time. The GPS is a must!!! Comfort is respectable. (Apply leather conditioner to soften up the feel of sand paper for leather.) Very spacious and as a package (Hybrid) comes with many perks. The smart key is awesome but takes a couple days to get use to. Plenty of small storage places. Cons: Only expect an avg of 34 MPG. Big disappointment!! On the highway at 55 MPH with cruise control you will avg 44. But I travel a lot and cruise at 75 not 55. Also be aware that your trunk space is not what you expect. The batteries take up a lot of the trunk. The plastic in the car is okay except for the handles on the doors.

A hybrid may not be for you
By Barry on 06/18/06 18:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Does everything well but nothing outstanding. WARNING: does not enter electric mode on short trips (< 1.5 miles) or over 40 mph even when the battery is charged and the engine is warmed up. Typical toyota quality and reliability which is better than most other cars. The SE with the V6 and 6 speed would be a lot more fun to drive, but would not get as high gas mileage.

New age of riding
By p-town on 06/16/06 13:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this camry to replace my gas drainer (Chevy Tahoe). The difference in gas usage is great, you can tell a big difference in the savings. HWY mpg is about 36 and City mpg is about 38. I believe that I'm ready to go anywhere.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.