2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (238 reviews )
Go BUY one
By YoungJC on 07/19/06 08:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I am very happy with this purchase and got exactly what I expected in buying a Toyota: Quality. The car is rated for 38 highway and 40 city, and what do I get? I have averaged 40.1 miles per gallon over the last 4100 miles. Toyota really put together a sweet package in the new Camry.

The thrill is back!
By Bill on 07/16/06 10:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I haven't been this excited about a car in years. My driving is different: smoother starts, more consistent speed (I use the excellent cruise control whenever possible). Great attention to detail in design and construction. I love the smart key and the quiet, comfortable ride. We're getting only 35 mpg on this tank, but we go up a mile-long hill to get home (wonderful going down, though). Miracles happen: we took delivery of the exact car we wanted (sunroof, leather) on the same day we first talked to the dealer!

Great Car
By David E on 07/15/06 19:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great car that will set the standard in it's category. I've had it a week and it gets the 38-40 MPG that Toyota advertises. The Nav is a must because it gives you so many additional features besides just the nav.

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid
By jacqueline on 07/13/06 15:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I LOVE the Camry. I feel safe in it. I love the blue-tooth and I can live with the cloth seats. The interior colors (gray) look very nice. I feel like I am being kinder to Mother Earth, and am happy driving right by the gas station. It's a great car. Go get one!

Freakin' Awesome
By NeoPendragon on 07/10/06 09:08 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After owning a '02 Prius for 3yrs. What a kick in the pants. I loved my Prius and the awesome performance but had to upgrade to the Camry (my 3rd). This car only has 6 options all else are standard features. We got the windows tinted and put 18" BBS rims on (not standard options). Talk about a grand driving experience. Only wish that Toyota would include the memory seats. Looks like I might have to get one for the wife also so I can fix that. For anyone debating about the Hybrid technology don't worry Toyota is cutting edge and about 10 yrs ahead of the competition in that case. You know they have been selling Hybrids in Japan since '97 thats 10 yrs worth of experience my family and I trust.

Really delivers the stated MPG!
By enzospeed on 07/09/06 13:40 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been getting a true 40 mpg through the first 3,000 miles in Seattle's mixed terrain and often slower paced traffic. Extremely quiet car, great for trips. We love it. However, I would upgrade to leather, as the cloth in my car feels cheap and has stained easily. Hitting the brakes very hard in emergency situations gave me unpredictable results. An extremely minor complaint for a car that delivers so much.

Great car!
By DS on 07/08/06 22:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Don't let the anti-hybrid talk fool you... these cars more than pay for themselves. Between the state and federal tax credits and the improved mileage you can't go wrong with this car.

Initial Evaluation
By sharon m on 07/02/06 05:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just bought the car. Have to get used to the larger window view blocking caused by airbag adjustments in the car's design. Between the adjustment and accommodating to the car's slower take off response it is a little tricky learning to move out into traffic from a side road. I am beginning to catch on and adjust. The car is responsive, but who wants to full throttle a hybrid when you are not in a pinch? It has a smooth quiet ride, sometimes eerily quiet. It took me a while to figure out how to dim the night light level on the instrument panel. There is a lot of light around the CD player. I am getting about 38 miles to the gallon, local non-expressway.

Great Car!!
By morris0607 on 07/01/06 10:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have only had this car for a few weeks and my wife and I love it! We were on the waiting list for almost 2 months but it was worth the wait. The instant MPG feedback is great and we really like the keyless start. Now my wife doesn't have to take the key out of her pocketbook in order to start the car. The bluetooth phone system is also great. With a touch of a button we can call or answer a phone call. Our model is fully loaded so it came with the NAV. We are finding the NAV to be a little temperamental and the maps are not up to date. I was surprised it did not come with fog lights and seat position memory would have been nice. The mirrors also do not fold. Overall - we love it.

Finally, a Hybrid sedan
By Muadib84 on 06/30/06 11:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The TCH finally fills a market segment badly needed... the hybrid sedan! I love the idea of hybrids, but the existing choices did not fit - the Prius too small, the Highlander too large. This is perfect! It drives wonderfully, comfortable, smooth and refined. And despite discussions in the press of less than EPA milwage MPG -- the averages are great! This is a hybrid for the average person!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.