2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (238 reviews )
Same problem with GPS screen going black
By Lisa S. on 03/09/10 06:42 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I also have the same problem with the GPS screen randomly going out. It's in a relatively long line of issues we've had with the car. From a quality perspective, this has been a much higher maintenance Toyota than our previous 3. While I appreciate the fuel economy gains, we've had problems with the indoor cabin air filtration system, brakes, air conditioning and now this significant NAV screen issue. The radio also cuts out from time to time. It seems like there's a malfunction in some of the electronic components or wiring. How that I'm out of warranty and not looking forward to this conversation at the dealer tomorrow.

Lost confidence in toyota
By Linda Zimmer on 02/05/10 08:02 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

After owning my camry hybrid for not even three years, I have totally loved it until recently. My gps screen went black and I cant open my cd player but everything else works on it. Now Toyota is telling me they wont help with this expense even though its under 3 years old. Lost my confidence in toyota.

Poor mileage for me
By michigandriver on 02/04/10 07:02 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I traded in a 2000 Lexus for a 07 Camry Hybrid. I don't like it. It does not even compare to the Lexus in quality or comfort. The ONLY time I have gotten close to 40 mpg is on the highway with the cruise set at 60. Otherwise I average between 32-35 mpg, tops. I drive very conservatively and have tried different driving styles to try to improve the mileage, but no luck. Handling (especially cornering) is a bit sloppy with this car (no comparison to the Lexus). The heat/air is also noticeably less efficient with this car than with the Lexus, and also with the previous 3 Toyota's I have owned. I'm going back to Lexus!

3 Years now and I still love my car!
By Sass on 12/22/09 13:49 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've had the 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid for over 3 years now and I still love it. It has a very comfortable ride with a solid, heavy feel that I like. I've taken many long roadtrips with this car - an 8 hour trip - 6 hour trip - several 3 hour trips and I drive to the shore every weekend from the Philly area. I have 2 large dogs that ride in the back seat for all of my trips and they just sleep. I've even taken the car camping a few times with lots of equipment - tents, tarps, aerobeds, cots, camping chairs, tables, coolers, etc. The trunk holds way more than you'd think. Oh and if you set cruise control at 72 mph for a 2 hour trip you'll get around 41 mpg!! I've done that a few times.

Two years later Hybrid
By Candy Ammons on 10/23/09 11:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I still love my camry, mileage runs 40 to 42 mpg in Idaho, when in Calif for the winter 38 to 40 (more traffic). It runs smooth, quiet, still on original tires. 38,000 miles on it, I get routine maintenance at the Toyota dealer. No mechanical problems at all.

I love my Camry
By Dawn Lietz on 10/09/09 06:38 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I live in the No Nevada area where there are a lot of mountains and long distance driving. I average between 39 - 41 MPG! Plenty of power, fun to drive, excellent vehicle!

2 Years of use 2007 Camry
By Larry Hathaway on 09/07/09 16:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I own a 2005 BMW 530I and have owned Mercedes, a 1999 JagXJ8, and love cars. The Camry Hybrid has better acceleration then you would think. If I drive it rather hard I average about 33 miles per gallon. If I try to not accelerate on every stop I can get up to 38 miles per gallon. This is not bad when you consider the size of the car, comfort, styling and for the price compared to the higher priced cars a very good deal.

8/30/2009
By jeff on 08/30/09 08:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my 2007 Camry hybrid used a little over a year ago. Hands down the best car I've ever had. Its quiet, smooth and has all the power you'll ever need. With the CVT transmission there's no shifting. Most people think hybird = no power. I'm 51 years old and this car has as much power as any that I've ever owned. I bought my Camry with 59,000 miles on it. It now has 78,000 miles on it. I've only had 1 problem. It didn't start at 20 below zero. I can't wait to see how long my brakes last. I was told 200,000 to 300,000 miles they look great so far. Oh I almost forgot I get between 38 to 41 mpg March though November and about 35 to 38 mpg in the winter.

Best car EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Rig Jig on 08/06/09 11:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Hands down the best car I have ever owned! I put 60,000 miles on it in two years and have not had to do a thing except change the oil, and that only has to be done every 6,000 miles! Just had it in the dealer for normal service and they told me the brakes look new!!!!! How is this possible. GO BUY ONE AND IT WILL BE THE BEST CAR YOU'LL EVER OWN.

My Travelling Office
By samfatboy on 08/01/09 07:35 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I work in outside sales and drive 30-35,000 miles per year. I have 73,000 miles on my 2007 Camry Hybrid. This is my third Toyota car and in over 350,000 miles of driving them, the only non-regular maintenance replacement was a water pump on my 2000 Camry at 142,000 miles. My son still has that car with 176,000 miles on it. I love my Camry Hybrid. I don't know about other reports about tires. Mine came with lifetime free tires and oil change. They just put on new tires at 72,000 miles. The old ones had just hit the wear markers. My only complaint would be that the ride is a little mushy. At this point I prefer comfort to racing performance, and this car is very comfortable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.