2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (238 reviews )
2007 Camry Hybrid update
By brantw on 12/13/13 06:46 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ours is the loaded Silver anniversary edition bought new now with 116K miles. Mileage is ok at 28-30 city and 34-35 highway. Car has been reliable except for recall for steering issue and the hybrid batteries just failed. Luckily we live in CT, a CARB state so it was replaced under warranty. Interior fit an finish is subpar and dashboard clicks and pops when cold. We have never gotten more than 30k miles on a set of tires and we buy good quality tires. Not a great effort from Toyota.

I'm sold (3 times)!
By elsa3 on 02/17/13 08:22 AM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We reluctantly bought a new 2007 Camry Hybrid after test-driving a Prius, as the frame of the Prius' hatchback blocked the rear view and the seats were not comfortable. I was sure that I'd be disappointed with the Camry since I'd really wanted the Prius, but I was wrong; the Camry is the best car we've ever owned, and we've owned a lot of cars! We were so impressed that we have since bought a 2009 and 2011 Camry Hybrid as well, and still drive all 3. We get between 40 and 42 mpg and put about 15,000 miles a year on these cars. Most impressive is the acceleration available when passing; I feel safer in these cars than in any I've had before.

Just Fantastic!
By alpha_1976 on 08/01/12 07:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have driven it only for about 2K so far and it's just fantastic! It has about 74K and I guess it just runs like when it's new. Gas mileage is fantastic and ride is very quite. I'll update this after a while but I am loving it so far.

Electrical UNSAFE
By nikkifit1 on 01/21/12 14:51 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my car new from IRA in Tewksbury. It has had electrical issues since the first week that have progressed into safety issues (brakes lock up and cannot stop). It has been in service uncountable times and even corporate engineers can't figure out the problem. I have been lied to in order to be appeased and I was too trusting. Now, they won't buy me out of my car or trade me into something safe. I cannot put my 8 month old son in this car. I picked up my car after the second time they tried to fix after losing brakes and after an hour, i lost them again. IRA nor corporate office are doing what's right. they admit there are other cars but do not recall. Toyota downhill!

Over 150,000 trouble free miles
By philt5 on 05/01/11 02:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have driven my Camry Hybrid now for 4 years and 152,000 miles. The only time this car has been to the dealer is for regular fluid changes and a rattle in the dash when it was new. I am still on the original front brake pads. I changed the rear brake pads at about 130,000 miles. The car still drives like new. These cars are turning out to be extremely reliable if the regular maintenance is done. The dealer told me he has a Camry Hybrid taxi cab that comes in for maintenance and had 490,000 miles on it last time he saw it. No repairs, just maintenance. Lifetime fuel consumption averages at 37mpg with normal driving. I'll keep driving it and see how far it can go.

disappointing
By gramparoy on 03/07/11 19:14 PM (PST)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Heres what I found out regarding small battery.....no warranty, has special battery..cost much more as it has no liquid( safety issue) You can toss out the milage amount.....somewhere between 26-28 mfg. I will never buy another hybrid as we put on only 380 miles per nonth. Am trying to lease either a fiesta or hyundai.

Poor Mileage
By longtall on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my Camry Hybrid, however, I only get around 23 mpg in stop and go situations in the summer. I get about 27 mpg in city driving in the winter. I figure some of it is due to A/C use as I live in the desert, but it seems like everyone gets mpg in the 30s in city driving. I get 39-40 on the highway. I don't have a heavy foot either. I'm 72 years old.

A mpg giant
By what fun! on 09/06/10 12:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have had my camry hybrid for better then one month. Previously owned a Prius. The camry is a fun car to drive for 2 reasons and perhaps others. #1 it is a comfortable car and #2. the mpg can easily top 40 mpg. I have learned that coasting is real helpful to achieve that mpg number and being careful with the accelerator pedal as well. My goal is to see if I can get better than 40 mpg and will do it.

All I Asked For
By jmlambion on 07/08/10 15:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought this car for my retirement. Wanted reliability, good gas mileage, low maintenance costs and comfort. This car has met every expectation. I buy gas once or twice a month, gets 35 mpg without effort, 40 mpg on hi-way or if I work at it. I change the oil every 5000 miles. ItÂ’s comfortable to drive. Only complaint is, original tires lasted 30K miles. Everything works as good as the day I drove it off the Lot.

Camry hybird is worst car
By aamir on 05/16/10 02:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Camry hybrid is worst car I've ever seen. I bought this car for almost $33,000 and after I drive this car almost 151,000 mile, the hybrid system cooked. And I change hybrid system for almost $13,000. That means the car cost me $46,000 and still not satisfied from this car because last week fuel system broke down on the highway and I get into an accident. Changed the fuel system for $1,000 again, and at 70,000 miles, the abs break system was shut down. It was changed for $1500. This car is worst car do not buy please.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.