Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan Consumer Reviews - 243 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (243 reviews )

Exceptional quality for the price
By Donald Dubay

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased our Camry Hybrid new in June 2006, one of the first sold in our area. In terms of reliability, the car has been on par with our Lexus sedan, with no issues beyond scheduled maintenance. This year/model hybrid MPG is rated at 34, but we have averaged slightly better. As for comfort, our Camry came with all of the quality upgrades, with two exceptions - we opted to forego a sunroof (which we have rarely used on our other cars), and a navigation system, which we consider overpriced in practically all car makes and models. Riding comfort on long drives has been excellent, and after nearly ten years of use, the interior still shows very little wear.

Best car ever
By Jeff Morris

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought my 2007 Camry Hybrid new in Feb of 2007. I just had my second 120k (yes, my car just turned over 240,000 miles) service performed. Other than scheduled maintenance (which I have performed religiously), the only other maintenance costs I have incurred are tires, brake pads, headlight bulbs, water pump at 135k and right front wheel bearing at 180k. Still getting around 37 mpg (actual, not indicated) as I drive around 600 miles per week. JM

Economical, comfortable and steady wins the race
By Drew

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Virtually problem-free, comfortable, high mileage (especially for that year and that level car) reliability. It may not be exciting, but it is a great car.

$4000 batteries at 112,000
By 07camryhy

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Loved the car, But its expensive to keep.
At 90,000 had to replace the battery ($500) at 112,000 had to replace the Hybrid batteries ($4,000).
Even tough the gas mileage is great, I will not buy a hybrid again.

Gas mileage and top end power.

Find a way to get batteries to last longer.

A keeper
By curio

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought our 2007 Camry Hybrid used with 45,000 miles on the clock. It's now up to 72,000, and we haven't had a single issue with it. We both love it to bits. It's fun to drive and surprisingly rapid - especially 0-40 at the stop light Grand Prix! MPG is obviously great IF you drive it with MPG in mind, and I've actually thrashed it and still received a friendly "Excellent" rating. The ride quality is excellent, it's quiet (especially with Yokahama AVID tires), and nicely equipped. The JBL audio system is the best in-car audio I've ever heard. Yes, you lose some trunk space in the Hybrid. Yes, the regen braking system can feel weird sometimes. But these are minor quibbles.

Performance, handling, ride quality, top-notch stereo, MPG, reliability.

Not sure if they changed this in later Camrys, but the hard plastic on the back of the front seats in NASTY. As two very tall people who often have our knees touching the seat in front, it's extremely uncomfortable!