Used 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Toyota Camry-hybrid - Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Base 2.4L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic - (240 reviews )

$4000 batteries at 112,000
By 07camryhy

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Loved the car, But its expensive to keep. At 90,000 had to replace the battery ($500) at 112,000 had to replace the Hybrid batteries ($4,000). Even tough the gas mileage is great, I will not buy a hybrid again.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and top end power.

Suggested Improvements

Find a way to get batteries to last longer.

A keeper
By curio

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought our 2007 Camry Hybrid used with 45,000 miles on the clock. It's now up to 72,000, and we haven't had a single issue with it. We both love it to bits. It's fun to drive and surprisingly rapid - especially 0-40 at the stop light Grand Prix! MPG is obviously great IF you drive it with MPG in mind, and I've actually thrashed it and still received a friendly "Excellent" rating. The ride quality is excellent, it's quiet (especially with Yokahama AVID tires), and nicely equipped. The JBL audio system is the best in-car audio I've ever heard. Yes, you lose some trunk space in the Hybrid. Yes, the regen braking system can feel weird sometimes. But these are minor quibbles.

Favorite Features

Performance, handling, ride quality, top-notch stereo, MPG, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Not sure if they changed this in later Camrys, but the hard plastic on the back of the front seats in NASTY. As two very tall people who often have our knees touching the seat in front, it's extremely uncomfortable!

2007 Camry Hybrid update
By brantw

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Ours is the loaded Silver anniversary edition bought new now with 116K miles. Mileage is ok at 28-30 city and 34-35 highway. Car has been reliable except for recall for steering issue and the hybrid batteries just failed. Luckily we live in CT, a CARB state so it was replaced under warranty. Interior fit an finish is subpar and dashboard clicks and pops when cold. We have never gotten more than 30k miles on a set of tires and we buy good quality tires. Not a great effort from Toyota.

Favorite Features

Car is loaded and comfortable and quiet. Mileage is good but the Altima 4 cyl rental car we just had was just as good.

Suggested Improvements

Quality control issues abound from the noisy dashboard to the failed steering system and hybrid batteries. If these issue weren't covered under warranty this car would be extremely expensive to own.

I'm sold (3 times)!
By elsa3

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We reluctantly bought a new 2007 Camry Hybrid after test-driving a Prius, as the frame of the Prius' hatchback blocked the rear view and the seats were not comfortable. I was sure that I'd be disappointed with the Camry since I'd really wanted the Prius, but I was wrong; the Camry is the best car we've ever owned, and we've owned a lot of cars! We were so impressed that we have since bought a 2009 and 2011 Camry Hybrid as well, and still drive all 3. We get between 40 and 42 mpg and put about 15,000 miles a year on these cars. Most impressive is the acceleration available when passing; I feel safer in these cars than in any I've had before.

Just Fantastic!
By alpha_1976

2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have driven it only for about 2K so far and it's just fantastic! It has about 74K and I guess it just runs like when it's new. Gas mileage is fantastic and ride is very quite. I'll update this after a while but I am loving it so far.

Favorite Features

quite ride, gas mileage, leg space for back seats and so on