2014 Toyota Avalon Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Avalon model:

Most Helpful|
2015 Avalon Limited
By tome1

2014 Toyota Avalon Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So far, other than ride quality we enjoy our new Avalon. Very responsive, excellent power, electronic package is very nice (a lot of safety features).

Favorite Features

Very quiet ride, safety monitoring features, excellent audio system

Suggested Improvements

Toyota should have left ride quality alone. Our 2011 Avalon had a much better ride. 2015 Avalon amplifies every little road imperfection up into passengers' body. Not a good thing!

You have to read this before you buy
By malutka

2014 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The biggest issue for me is that the whole interior (meaning door panels, dashboard in my car especially rear doors and behind passenger seats) squeaks which is unacceptable for this type of car. Barely noticeable during the day, because of the outside ambient noise, with occasional louder squeaks here and there. But at night it is impossible to drive without music on- it drive me crazy! Suspension: you feel all the bumps, but the car is soft and has no handling power. My 9 speaker sounds system almost like in dodge neon. It sounds like all the sound coming out of one dashboard speaker. Telescopic Steering wheel doesn't pull out far enough. If you 6' and over, your hands will be straight.

Favorite Features

You can turn off DRL! Finally The car has big interior and it feels that way when you seat in it. I like the design of the dash board- itís like the architectural student project: surface overlapping the surface- looks mature and modern. It has that longitudinal design and give you that visual openness inside the car and lightness. Interior materials I would say close to high end, no cheap plastics. Back up camera and automatic tilting exterior mirrors- I just wish they would be dimmed Seats comfortable so far for me- I saw a lot of complains that they are too hard. Pass through to the trunk: you can fit 3 pair of skins.

Suggested Improvements

Change the assembling techniques to eliminate squeaking noise. Make suspension either hard and with handling control, or totally comfortable. Insulate the car from exterior ambient noise and all fenders above the wheels. Steering wheel should pull out more, so you can reach it without straightening you hands all the way- which is unsafe and uncomfortable. Front passenger seat should pull out more so you can straight you legs during the road trip, especially with all that space in the back. Better speaker and reevaluate their locations through out the car. Car key- you would be ashamed to pull it out. Center red stop light bounces out of the rear window at night. Folding rear seats.

Rides like a truck
By gordon grier

2014 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2005 toytoa avalon that had a very comfortable ride. This 2014 Toyota Avalon rides like a truck. Poor engerening on the struts.

2014 Avalon Touring.
By jimdrew

2014 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Have owned a 2014 Avalon Touring for about 3 Month's now. I owned a 2012 Camry SE V6 and it was awesome. I feel in love with the new design of the Avalon in 2013. When I was able to trade out even and not upside down on Camry I did. Yes, I had to go to more than one dealer to make the deal but finally made it work. My 2012 Camry was $26K with all the toys and the 2014 Avalon Touring was $33K plus tax and tag. For a $7K difference it was an absolute steal. The ride is much better than the Camry. I love the interior design too.. wow, upscale all the way. Quick of the line and a great vehicle to drive on the Turn Pike.. I am extremely pleased. The Edmund's figures were on the money

Favorite Features

I love the outside design. The interior is truly upscale. I have driven the Lexus and this car is every bit as plush. Ok so what are my favorite features: 1. Exterior Design. 2. Interior Design. 3. V6 engine. 4. Price.

Suggested Improvements

A front facing camera to give you a view of the front of the car. You can't see the hood of the car...

2014 Avalon Hybrid XLE Touring
By kadena

2014 Toyota Avalon Sedan XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my Avalon for about three weeks. It came equipped with Michelin tires. I really like this car. I bought the Touring especially to get the Blind Spot Monitoring in the outside rear view mirrors and the Rear Cross Traffic Monitoring. I had to buy a lot of options that I will never use just to get these and to my opinion they are safety features that are well worth it and they work real well. The car rides nice, handles good with little or no road noise. Really plush and comfortable seats and interior. Great choice for me