Very Disappointed!!
By optimusprime1 on
2013 Toyota Avalon XLE Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
A new car and the Headliner is already peeling, the dealership gave no explanation and said they have ordered a new one, seriously is this new Toyota standards. Cabin noise is too much on the highway. Took to my dealer, the supervisor of the service center said cabin noise was normal. For a high end car which is comparable to the Lexus ES350 I think the cabin noise is too much and Toyota must do something about it. Anyone else who has the Avalon please put your reviews on NHTSA.gov and Edmunds. AT 75 mph I hear a lot of wind noise around the car and at one point there was a lot of noise coming from the front windshield and Toyota and the dealership are not willing to fix it.
Suggested Improvements
Cabin noise is too much, Toyota should investigate, recall and fix the issue. I am not willing to accept that there is no problem. Anyone please drive your car on the highway and if you experience the same problem, please post your review and file a complaint with Toyota.
By optimusprime1
on 07/02/13 09:11 AM (PDT)

Further to my updates above, here is another update. I went to my dealership, it seems that Toyota is not replacing the headliners as it is a common occurrence in all 2013 Avalons and Toyota is coming with a repair kit / job, NO ETA yet. As per my dealer Holman Toyota, Mt. Laurel, NJ, Toyota is asking dealers not to replace the headliners as it will not solve the problem. This car is becoming a nightmare and Toyota and its dealerships are really not doing much. Heads up all 2013 Avalon owners!!

By robnich
on 06/30/13 16:11 PM (PDT)

I wonder if you have Bridgestone tires, which are reported to be much noisier than the Michelin tires my Avalon Limited came with. I consider my Avalon to be very quiet on the road.

By sswitze
on 07/30/13 17:54 PM (PDT)

I have the limited hybrid. It is the most quiet cabin of my last 5 vehicles. I agree though it is not as quiet as a lexus. If you want lexus quiet, buy a lexus. I also have the Bridgestone tires and still think it is quiet. It is foolish for you to tell me and other customers to post complaints on government sites. You should have determined the car wasn't right for you with test drives. I test drove more than one Avalon. They all seemed of similar noise to me. There are many little issues with the car. However, I do not believe noise is one of them.

By dhilleman
on 06/29/13 15:42 PM (PDT)

I also have a new Avalon Touring Sedan with excessive cain noise at highway speeds. The dealer agrees that noise is a real problem but has no solution. We are now waiting for some engineer, who specializes in noise problems, to be in the area.

By 2013avalon
on 06/29/13 13:23 PM (PDT)

You do realize that this is a Toyota and not a Lexus... If you were expecting to drive something that was like the ES350 you should spend the extra money. My Avalon is very hushed on the highway where I do most of my driving. When I am using my Bluetooth going 80 down the free way no one I speak with can tell any difference.

By optimusprime1
on 07/01/13 10:37 AM (PDT)

@ 2013 Avalon - seems like you are a Toyota rep. The Avalon cabin is noisy. @ DHilleman, I agree with you. I had a Service Manager of another dealership drive and he agreed the cabin should be quiter for the money anyone is spending and also the A/c was too loud. Toyota has to fix this issue. If you listen closer, the wind noise seems to be coming from the windshield. If you drive on a highway at consisten speeds of 65-80mph you do hear the sound and it is hard to miss, because it is loud!!!

By optimusprime1
on 07/01/13 10:38 AM (PDT)

@ Robnich. I have the Michelin tires. My old Honda Accord 2005 has Michelin tires also and the Accord has a quiter cabin.