2013 Toyota Avalon Consumer Review: So far good except

2013 Toyota Avalon - Consumer Review

Limited Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

So far good except
By bigpaulie on

2013 Toyota Avalon Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

So I have 42k on the car. It has been reliable and low maintenance. The backs of both seats have fallen off. I went to Toyota and they said it is a common defect but since I drive a lot they want $800 to fix. It is clearly a poor design but Toyota doesn't respond. I bought the 120k bumper to bumper but was told after it isn't bumper to bumper and that they "have good sales people". My car is embarrassing to sit in.

Interior when it was new and high mileage

Fix the seats
By richncraig
on 09/01/14 17:00 PM (PDT)

I have owned the Hybrid limited for almost two years. It's been a great car, but with two disappointing issues. First: The back of the driver's seat popped off. Second, the headliner is starting to detach where it attaches above the read window. The inside of my 'near luxury' car now looks like crap. I noticed the seat back coming off before the warranty ran out, so the dealer will cover it. I didn't notice the headliner until I read about problems on one of the websites. My warranty period has now expired. However, I'm hoping the dealer will still take care of me. I'll let you know.